this is ridiculus

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I got a letter from my health insurance company saying how they were going to raise the rates in September 10% then again in December, Iknow I said i was scared to go without, but serously I can't afford this, its bad enough when it goes up once a year but now twice in a year-for what? They say its for increased insurance claim costs-ridiculus.

GMN

Don't go without, convert to a policy with higher deductables and fewer bells and whistles. Keep something in force for major medical expenses.

1982vett":200t474k said:
Don't go without, convert to a policy with higher deductables and fewer bells and whistles. Keep something in force for major medical expenses.

This is the kind of plan it is, huge deductible, just major medical, time to shop around for something with even a higher deductible. :( This is a group plan too, so if this is too much, I can't see how any other plan is going to be different.

GMN

Jogeephus":2trp3pks said:
I get one of those every year just before my birthday. They might as well send a card too.

Actually, they should kiss you and send you flowers. That's normally what you do after (insert correct description here).

In the end, I have to agree a person does need some sort of health insurance, got to have it, and dish out the dough, whether I want to or not.

GMN

GMN":1ujx70e0 said:
In the end, I have to agree a person does need some sort of health insurance, got to have it, and dish out the dough, whether I want to or not.

GMN

You gotta have it or lose what you have. The whole system is broken. Too much greed. Ie, a fella had a skin tag on his neck. You know those little things about the size of a tick. He went to the doctor to have it removed. He spent more time in the waiting room than he did with the doctor. Doctor just numbed it and cut it off. No stitches neccessary. Bill for 5-10 minutes = $8000.

Another way they get you is coding. Each procedure has a code which is essentially a bunch of numbers that only a few know how to read. Unfortunately for one certain doctor, I know someone who knows how to read this stuff. Bill I received came to $4000 after insurance. Had the code explained to me and the code showed my sone was surgically operated on - which he was not. I pointed this out to the lady that does the billing and she deleted the whole bill and said I owed nothing. Said it was an honest mistake. Ok, fine. Then why did the same doctor do the same thing two years later with my other son? They deleted that bill too. But what about the insurance company? Do you think they made it right with them?

Watch the news in the near future cause there is going to be a lot of information on coding once the federal auditors hit the hospitals. Some heads should roll.

grannysoo":23vo0itp said:
Jogeephus":23vo0itp said:
I get one of those every year just before my birthday. They might as well send a card too.

Actually, they should kiss you and send you flowers. That's normally what you do after (insert correct description here).

Dang gs, your romantic :lol2: .

Larry

I have caught several billing errors in the past. It isn't uncommon at all. If you think that regular insurance is bad, try Medicare. There's rampant fraud going on there. Part of my dad's "restorative therapy" is walking up and down the road each day. He does this by himself. Medicaid and Medicare are billed thousands a month for it. It blows me away. So if his insurance won't pay for it anymore, will he not be allowed to walk anymore??? Pediatrist charged 300.00 to trim his toenails. He isn't diabetic or anything. He77, I've been trimming them myself and there are still bills associated with this service. It's just stupid. His phamacy bill is thousands per month. He takes about seven different meds, including asperine. Nothing experimental, no drug trials. Stuff that he could get a Walmart for five bucks a month per script.

And the population is aging. We can't keep this up.

and this is also why the folks making money on this current system will fight tooth and nail any sort of health reform in Congress. They are working on the approach we "can't afford to change". It seems like we can't afford NOT to change. Unfortunately they have more lobbying money than we do. jmho.

Insurance companies [lobbyist] and Pharmaceutical companies [lobbyist] are in business to maximize profits NOT provide healthcare. The system is broken and inefficent, but simply throwing money at it isn't the answer.

I listened to public radio a while back and they were discussing a town that formed its own group insurance. EVERYONE had to pay into the system and your payment was based on your income and the number of dependants but it had a cap on it. People in the town discussed how wonderful the system was. This seems like something realistic. If EVERYONE could put in their fair share and the hospitals and doctors stopped this overbilling nonsense that they do to make up for the no pays then I think it would work. Is it possible to produce such a simple thing with our politicians and lobby groups?

Lammie":2mgidu1d said:
I have caught several billing errors in the past. It isn't uncommon at all. If you think that regular insurance is bad, try Medicare. There's rampant fraud going on there. Part of my dad's "restorative therapy" is walking up and down the road each day. He does this by himself. Medicaid and Medicare are billed thousands a month for it. It blows me away. So if his insurance won't pay for it anymore, will he not be allowed to walk anymore??? Pediatrist charged 300.00 to trim his toenails. He isn't diabetic or anything. He77, I've been trimming them myself and there are still bills associated with this service. It's just stupid. His phamacy bill is thousands per month. He takes about seven different meds, including asperine. Nothing experimental, no drug trials. Stuff that he could get a Walmart for five bucks a month per script.

And the population is aging. We can't keep this up.
If he is just walking down the road why is he still involved with the restorative care? I don't understand, Is he still seeing the podiatrist? Why not just buy the the meds at wal-mart? He has every right to manage his care. Everybody does.

Latest posts