This heifer is looking close

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
I bought her bred in mid October with her half sister.

The second picture she just got done peeing.

Saggy vulva, no wax on teets. Her bag feels really tight.

I sure prefer to know when they were bred.

Named'em Tamed'em":2v6t4m64 said:
dun":2v6t4m64 said:
She'll really look clsoe when the feet stick out
I'm just looking for a little more warning Dun!
We all woould like there to be a little more warning in some cases. The heifer that we have that took so long to calve had been dripping milk off and on for a couple of days and her tail head looked like a rdigepole. Had another heifer calve this year that had the milk but wasn;t even sloppy in the tush that popped her calf and took us totally by surprise.

dun":2sguom7o said:
Named'em Tamed'em":2sguom7o said:
dun":2sguom7o said:
She'll really look clsoe when the feet stick out
I'm just looking for a little more warning Dun!
We all woould like there to be a little more warning in some cases. The heifer that we have that took so long to calve had been dripping milk off and on for a couple of days and her tail head looked like a rdigepole. Had another heifer calve this year that had the milk but wasn;t even sloppy in the tush that popped her calf and took us totally by surprise.

Had the same thing happen this year with a 2nd calfer Dun, except she barely had a bag even. Totally caught me off guard, when I went back and checked my notes, she was within 4 days of when I had her marked down for..

Hey Dun looks like she's close.
When I get there I see this, closer look and there is 3 inches of tongue sticking out.

15 minutes of pushing the nose back and pulling on each front leg it's out.

Its a Heifer ,I had her out about a 2 minutes before my wife showed up with the chains. 1 down 4 to go.

Hope you didn;t have to wait 2 1/2 hours after the feet showed. Man that was nerve wracking

There was no waiting Dun, front hooves out to the dew claws and the calves tongue sticking out 3 inches with them. I was worried for both of them. All I could think of was the other calf with a huge swollen tongue that someone posted.

The little heifer seems healthy and has been nursing good. She tried to frolic this morning but was too wobbly .

Latest posts