This guy was screwed up in the head...

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Alex Murdaugh, the prominent South Carolina lawyer at the center of multiple state investigations, is expected to turn himself into police Thursday, his attorney said.

Alex Murdaugh, the prominent South Carolina lawyer at the center of multiple state investigations, is expected to turn himself into police Thursday, his attorney said.

I found out a long time ago, that lawyers moral compass can be flawed. I was harassed once by a commonwealth attorney (think DA). It started at a sporting event....literally, I parked in a spot that he wanted his friend to have. He found me and asked me to move. I refused, and the party started. He was in his mid 40's, and the behavior I saw, I would not have expected out of a toddler. Went on for a couple days.

This is destined to become a TV documentary/movie. This is supposedly a prominent powerful family in South Carolina. I had never heard of them, but they are several hours away from my end of the state. There are even more aspects to the story. This has been a big news story in SC since June. Best I remember, here are some of the important issues. Some might just be hearsay, but all sounds bad.

Multiple generations of his family have held for years the position of county solicitor there in the past. Seems like I read it was five counties. Deciding criminal charges (or not) and prosecuting the people charged. His great grandfather founded a large law firm there where he and his brother were currently employed.

One of his sons was facing charges due to the crash of a boat he was operating at night while intoxicated. A 19 year old girl died in that boat crash. Wonder how her family feels?

He discovered the bodies of that son and his wife one June night this year on the large family farm after he returned from visiting his father who was dying of cancer. They had both been shot. One with a shotgun and one with a rifle per police reports. No one has been charged so far.

It comes out that the family housekeeper had died a few years ago due to "natural causes" per the death certificate. No coroner called and no autopsy. Her family sued him due to wrongful death due to injuries from a trip and fall. His insurance company agreed to settle with the family with an agreement for payment of several hundred thousand dollars. The family claims they have not yet received any of the settlement.

It comes out that a young local gay guy was killed in a hit and run situation a few years ago. No one was ever charged. Rumor was that the person killed had a "relationship" with a member of the family.

Three months after his wife and son were murdered, he made a call for medical assistance. He had been shot in the head while changing a tire on a remote highway. He was flown by helicopter to a hospital in Savannah where it was determined that he had a superficial wound on his head.

Within days of his attempted murder, it is reported that millions are missing from the family law firm and that he is entering rehab. It is reported that he has an opioid addiction. He is disbarred from law practice. His lawyer says the millions were spent for the opioids. Those pills must be expensive.

This week it is announced that he hired a former client to kill him so that his remaining son can collect a $10 million insurance policy. The shooter was charged with multiple charges and arrested. The good lawyer is supposed to be turning himself in today to authorities.

It reads like a poor mystery novel. Wonder how many more chapters there are? How many more characters are involved?

Last edited:
I had kinda kept up with that story but it took so many twists and turns I lost track of who was killin who and I'm not sure even Columbo wouldn't be scratching his head over it.

The other one in the news is the young girl who went off with her boyfriend to Grand Teton Nat Park and he returned without her.
There is an unsolved double murder associated with that too.

Last edited:
To add to it, he is being prosecuted by the same office he worked at from time to time and he handpicked the current Prosecutor. But his father and grandfather ran the office over the last 50 or so years. SC has a weird system where private attorneys can prosecute criminal cases.

This is destined to become a TV documentary/movie. This is supposedly a prominent powerful family in South Carolina. I had never heard of them, but they are several hours away from my end of the state. There are even more aspects to the story. This has been a big news story in SC since June. Best I remember, here are some of the important issues. Some might just be hearsay, but all sounds bad.

Multiple generations of his family have held for years the position of county solicitor there in the past. Seems like I read it was five counties. Deciding criminal charges (or not) and prosecuting the people charged. His great grandfather founded a large law firm there where he and his brother were currently employed.

One of his sons was facing charges due to the crash of a boat he was operating at night while intoxicated. A 19 year old girl died in that boat crash. Wonder how her family feels?

He discovered the bodies of that son and his wife one June night this year on the large family farm after he returned from visiting his father who was dying of cancer. They had both been shot. One with a shotgun and one with a rifle per police reports. No one has been charged so far.

It comes out that the family housekeeper had died a few years ago due to "natural causes" per the death certificate. No coroner called and no autopsy. Her family sued him due to wrongful death due to injuries from a trip and fall. His insurance company agreed to settle with the family with an agreement for payment of several hundred thousand dollars. The family claims they have not yet received any of the settlement.

It comes out that a young local gay guy was killed in a hit and run situation a few years ago. No one was ever charged. Rumor was that the person killed had a "relationship" with a member of the family.

Three months after his wife and son were murdered, he made a call for medical assistance. He had been shot in the head while changing a tire on a remote highway. He was flown by helicopter to a hospital in Savannah where it was determined that he had a superficial wound on his head.

Within days of his attempted murder, it is reported that millions are missing from the family law firm and that he is entering rehab. It is reported that he has an opioid addiction. He is disbarred from law practice. His lawyer says the millions were spent for the opioids. Those pills must be expensive.

This week it is announced that he hired a former client to kill him so that his remaining son can collect a $10 million insurance policy. The shooter was charged with multiple charges and arrested. The good lawyer is supposed to be turning himself in today to authorities.

It reads like a poor mystery novel. Wonder how many more chapters there are? How many more characters are involved?
I think the last 2 years might make for a good movie, a horror show

I think the last 2 years might make for a good movie, a horror show
Might have nightmares from that. Seriously, the stuff on TV now is not worth watching for the most part. Lots of trash and things that I do not relate to. "News" is often more entertainment than journalism. Sports is more social statement than it should be. But, it is driven by supply and demand and is a reflection of the people. We mostly watch old TV shows from the 60's. When a man was a man and a woman was a woman and it was apparent who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. Now the bad guys are often the winners and role models.

I had kinda kept up with that story but it took so many twists and turns I lost track of who was killin who and I'm not sure even Columbo wouldn't be scratching his head over it.

The other one in the news is the young girl who went off with her boyfriend to Grand Teton Nat Park and he returned without her.
There is an unsolved double murder associated with that too.

Im bettin that he pushed her off a cliff in the Tetons, makes no sense that he isn't talking. Also she lived with him at his parents house. They all said she was like a daughter to them.

My hunch is Petito is under a rock pile. Too late to scan for buzzards in any case.
Perhaps Mr. Laundrie's memory would improve with the application of a potato peeler and a little salt?

My hunch is Petito is under a rock pile. Too late to scan for buzzards in any case.
Perhaps Mr. Laundrie's memory would improve with the application of a potato peeler and a little salt?
This story is stranger than fiction, with every update. Nothing adds up.

It's almost like the two have conspired to do this.
They were both attention whores.

I pray that she's okay, maybe on an adventure like Chris McCandless. Same type upbringing.

Some interesting new information on Alex Murdaugh, the lawyer in SC whose luck now seems to have run out. Son and wife dead, housekeeper dead, son's friend dead, friend of the other son dead, attempted murder of Alex, millions missing from his law firm, and claimed opiod addiction. There is now new information on one aspect. His long term housekeeper fell at his house in 2018 and then died as a result of the injury. No autopsy, no coroner called, natural causes on the death certificate. Murdaugh tells her 2 sons that he feels bad and recommends they hire a certain lawyer to sue him and his multiple insurance policies will handle it. The recommended lawyer is his childhood friend and college roommate, which was not mentioned. They follow that advice, but were never aware of any settlement in the case. Sons hear rumors of a settlement of $500 thousand, but don't receive anything. What happened? This video is from a local TV news anchor discussing the issue with the son's NEW lawyer. Case was already settled for $4.3 million dollars. Guess who received the money. Amazing. And this is just one piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:

Latest posts