This Doesn't Look Good

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty much what I figured and why I'm not trying to put in a new lawn this year. As low as Lavon is we'll be in stage 4 water restriction before long.

Yeah, I would be willing to make a rain donation about now too, but I want it back in July and August.

I don't know what it's gonna do, but what we've had so far don't seem right, 40 degrees here this morning and wet. The only thing growing fast is weeds.

Larry

Here's the seasonal forecast thru Aug 31. Sure looks ugly for folks in the southwest. This is why am selling off old pairs as calves get some size and not buying heavy breds or pairs to replace them as I normally do. Selling $2.00+ calves and $.96 old cows sure makes it easier to reduce numbers. Saving my hay so can buy up whenever it does start raining again. Was on the verge of getting really ugly around here until this week. Sure glad for the big rain a few days ago but it won't last all summer.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/e ... rought.png

Nothing much worse for a farmer than drought. Not a good feeling to have a field full of cattle and nothing to eat. I hope the monsoon comes for you folks.

Without our creek here it would be really ugly here too.. No significant rains this year, and irrigation water just doesn't make stuff grow like rain water. We're looking at an early runoff from the mountains that have poor snowpack, We've hit the 90F already, and runoff will be quick and early. Not looking forward to mid-august onward. On the other hand I have 40 ton of hay left over which is good for about 100 days of feed for the girls. Hope you guys get some rain! I know the only time I'll get it is when I'm trying to dry my hay!

Latest posts