This afternoon

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Take some photos this afternoon of herd. Lazy day :D
2013_08010006.JPG

1/2 Charolais cow with her bull calf,half month old.
2013_08010016.JPG

1/2 Charolais cow with her bull calf, 5 months old.
2013_08010012.JPG

3/4 Limousin cow with almost 4 months old bull calf.
2013_08010011.JPG

White bull calf 8 days younger than light grey on left. White is a half brother to grey calf mother.
2013_08010018.JPG

3/4 Limousin cow with 5 months old heifer. Look almost like twins.
2013_08010027.JPG

My heifer 4 1/2 months old, think weighs more than 500lbs. Her dam behind her.
2013_08010023.JPG

Heifer out of 15 months old heifer.
2013_08010029.JPG

Young mother on left with 2 years old heifer.
2013_08010026.JPG

tdarden3k":3h39tlku said:
Nice Pics...... Lithuania looks a lot like South Arkansas, USA.
Thank you. Landscape depends in which region you're, because in mine are a lot of hills, so people keep cattle, while mowing into west landscape is becoming flater, so there popular is growing grains, there are the biggest farmers who grow grains, while it's hard to find any farmer who have more than three cows.
My country is small, but all regions are very different.

TN Cattle Man, I remember he said once before that the ropes are for handling them.

lithuanian farmer, Question, Please: I would like to ask if those are aspen trees in the background of last pic.

inyati13":3k8e5na1 said:
TN Cattle Man, I remember he said once before that the ropes are for handling them.

lithuanian farmer, Question, Please: I would like to ask if those are aspen trees in the background of last pic.
Yes, ropes for handling, at winter we keep some cows tied in barn, so it's easier to tie another rope.
Aspen trees grow just in one place near home, but in that pic you can see a few types alder and birch trees.

I was looking at the ear tag on the calf, eighth picture down. Those letters look like Russian letters. Does Lithuania use the Russian alphabet? I know it was part of the Soviet Union and originally a baltic nation. I took Russian. Very difficult language.

inyati13":1vi6gg3t said:
I was looking at the ear tag on the calf, eighth picture down. Those letters look like Russian letters. Does Lithuania use the Russian alphabet? I know it was part of the Soviet Union and originally a baltic nation. I took Russian. Very difficult language.
Letters: ŽŪKVC. No their are lithuanian letters it's a short form of (in lithuanian)" Žemės Ūkio Kaimo Verslo Centras", in english it'll be something like "Agricultural Country Business Center".
I'm studying Russian too. But it's not very hard, if compare with my language. Everybody say that Lithuanian is the most difficult language.

lithuanian farmer":acyherce said:
inyati13":acyherce said:
Letters: ŽŪKVC. No their are lithuanian letters it's a short form of (in lithuanian)" Žemės Ūkio Kaimo Verslo Centras", in english it'll be something like "Agricultural Country Business Center".
I'm studying Russian too. But it's not very hard, if compare with my language. Everybody say that Lithuanian is the most difficult language.
Maybe not hard for you. Everyone's brain is wired to master some things and not do well in others. Languages was always very difficult for me. I am a visual person. I have to see it. You can tell me something a million times and I may not get it. But if I see it, I got it for life.

inyati13":1mngmpyu said:
lithuanian farmer":1mngmpyu said:
inyati13":1mngmpyu said:
Maybe not hard for you. Everyone's brain is wired to master some things and not do well in others. Languages was always very difficult for me. I am a visual person. I have to see it. You can tell me something a million times and I may not get it. But if I see it, I got it for life.
I agree. Languages aren't difficult for me, but I know alot people who find it too difficult to study new languages.

Chuckie":w8e23f7t said:
Looking at your cows makes me want to go lay down in the grass and take a nap too.
What is in the tank?
Your cattle are in good shape.
Thank you. I was thinking about nap too. :)
In tank is water. It's banned in my country that in cattle pasture be any natural water pond , so we need to make sure that cattle always have water.
We're going to move herd into new pasture next week, because they can start going out. As we've noticed girls are abit spoilt.

lynnmcmahan":n9wwoakj said:
What would a 1200 pound steer sell for in your country? Would that be about 600 kilo?
It'd be about 545 kilo.
How much we get for selling cattle to slaughter depends on muscularity grade and fatness grade. We need that cattle will be more muscular. There are 5 fatness grades: 1-5. The best price is for 3 grade. Muscularity: S E U R O P grades, S- the most muscular cattle, so the best price.
Price is always changing, for example, now price is getting lower, so this year we won't wait till October , will sell bulls on September. Bulls will be 19-13months old. Now price is 3,07EUR/kilo carcass for bulls, not live weight. For heifers price is smaller. Also price is bigger when carcass weigh more than 620lbs.

lithuanian farmer":3okcbxx9 said:
lynnmcmahan":3okcbxx9 said:
What would a 1200 pound steer sell for in your country? Would that be about 600 kilo?
It'd be about 545 kilo.
How much we get for selling cattle to slaughter depends on muscularity grade and fatness grade. We need that cattle will be more muscular. There are 5 fatness grades: 1-5. The best price is for 3 grade. Muscularity: S E U R O P grades, S- the most muscular cattle, so the best price.
Price is always changing, for example, now price is getting lower, so this year we won't wait till October , will sell bulls on September. Bulls will be 19-13months old. Now price is 3,07EUR/kilo carcass for bulls, not live weight. For heifers price is smaller. Also price is bigger when carcass weigh more than 620lbs.

For what weight and grade you will get 3,07€/kilo? Good price if for O2 standard.

From 7 bulls we'll sell this year, one definitely has U grade (half brother for my heifer), maybe another one also can reach it, but all others have just R grades. Their sire is our homebred bull 50% Angus, 37.5% Limousin, 12.5% dairy. He looked like Angus, so his progeny also looks more like Angus, have just 4 calves which have body shape not like Angus.

Latest posts