Thinking of days gone by

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Early this morning, I was having a cup of coffee and watching one of our aged horses. Toby is thirty eight years old and has Aurthritis and trouble keeping weight on. Kathy moved him into a small pasture behind our home so she could feed him seperately. As I watched him my mind started thinking of all the good times we shared with Toby. Week long hunting trips in Nevadas Ruby Mountains, Pony Express Re-rides, moving cattle and never refusing to load in the trailer once the lead rope was laid across his withers. Toby and Shadow grew up with my two girls. Many weekends were spent at horse events. The girls have grown into fine young women, and no time for horses now. I have not been in the saddle since 2004 and both horses have been retired.

As I watch Toby I wonder if he remembers his active working days. I hope he is happy with his retirement as he has earned it.

Tom.

kerley":2w58zfhy said:
Early this morning, I was having a cup of coffee and watching one of our aged horses. Toby is thirty eight years old and has Aurthritis and trouble keeping weight on. Kathy moved him into a small pasture behind our home so she could feed him seperately. As I watched him my mind started thinking of all the good times we shared with Toby. Week long hunting trips in Nevadas Ruby Mountains, Pony Express Re-rides, moving cattle and never refusing to load in the trailer once the lead rope was laid across his withers. Toby and Shadow grew up with my two girls. Many weekends were spent at horse events. The girls have grown into fine young women, and no time for horses now. I have not been in the saddle since 2004 and both horses have been retired.

As I watch Toby I wonder if he remembers his active working days. I hope he is happy with his retirement as he has earned it.

Tom.

I'll just bet his tickled pink with his retirement. You must have taken real good care of that boy, 38 year old! Great stories and memories, thanks for sharing them.

Latest posts