Thinking about selling

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking at the drought monitor and my heart goes out to you guys in the south and southwest. I think that it might have been the best decision you could have made @callmefence . I admire you for making the call and hopefully you will be able to hang on to the rest and make a good amount of hay early on to carry you through and some to sell.
We are getting rain here this evening... some called for the next couple days with some soaking rain Saturday night. The abnormally warm temps have sure felt good, but the ground has dried off fast on top. Dusty dirt roads and all. This rain will really make things jump for us.
Would like to send you some if I could.
Hope the cows do good for you price wise. Breds? or cull pen?

Bought 3 semi loads of hay recently. This seems to work well for cloud seeding. Got 2" rain yesterday. First big rain since last August. Grass is now starting to green up, but the puppy is unhappy. He is not used to rain...

Strong storm formed out west at Brady last night. Didn't cover alot of country but it was intense at llano before it crossed the Colorado. I had it on a string coming straight for me.
After it crossed the river it started falling apart. Not even a drop.......
Where's the whiskey....

Strong storm formed out west at Brady last night. Didn't cover alot of country but it was intense at llano before it crossed the Colorado. I had it on a string coming straight for me.
After it crossed the river it started falling apart. Not even a drop.......
Where's the whiskey....
Can't believe our luck

We are in it also but it started last year already. The only tanks with water have been pumped to.

I started culling hard last year. Going to make another round of cuts this month. When it's all over we wont have a cow over 10 years old. Calves are going to town at 5 months. Hopefully prices hold up.

I've already threatened most people I'm in contact with that the first person I hear who complains about storms in the gulf is getting blocked, disowned, and a swift kick in the rear. We have to have those storms to survive July and August on the gulf coast.

Latest posts