Thinking about a new tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Very nice tractor................a 50 horse tractor (tested 46 hp at the pto), non Tier 4 with almost 15 gpm hydro flow (the loader will move fast), 3000 lbs 3-point lift, built in the Jpan factory. About as good as you can get. You want miss the 11000 hr. Mahindra....a good wax job with Meguiar's yellow wax, park it in a shed and it will be good for many years.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... l5030.html

4006_A019-3_BF0-4_C23-85_F3-_B1_BBEB1_E151_B.jpg

circlebllc":1gi0b3wb said:
I have never seen a .39 cent JD part!

Right now I'm awaiting delivery of a 3500# pressure switch for my 1991 JD baler. When the parts guy looked it up and quoted me the price ($165) I said great. When he finished the order with shipping the price was $257 with $18 shipping............daaaaaaaaaaa.

I said what happened to the $165? He said that screen apparently hasn't been updated......my thoughts: Since when?

millstreaminn":zyas5csv said:
JMJ Farms":zyas5csv said:
............Worst thing about the 8540 is it is a rough riding little tractor.

Ever think about an air ride seat? Beats most any suspension seat I ever sat in. You don't have to buy the whole seat at $1200. Ebay has just the suspension system with compressor for around $400. Just take your existing seat off the current suspension system and put it on the new one. My Branson 6530 came with one and I really liked it so I bought just the suspension mechanism for my rough riding 2400.

Texasmark":2y8qy6q3 said:
millstreaminn":2y8qy6q3 said:
JMJ Farms":2y8qy6q3 said:
............Worst thing about the 8540 is it is a rough riding little tractor.

Ever think about an air ride seat? Beats most any suspension seat I ever sat in. You don't have to buy the whole seat at $1200. Ebay has just the suspension system with compressor for around $400. Just take your existing seat off the current suspension system and put it on the new one. My Branson 6530 came with one and I really liked it so I bought just the suspension mechanism for my rough riding 2400.

Its the side to side motion that makes my back stiff after riding a tractor all day. Does the air ride help that?
On the ebay air ride seat suspension, what powers the compressor?
Thanks

Texasmark":1e2lvmns said:
circlebllc":1e2lvmns said:

Right now I'm awaiting delivery of a 3500# pressure switch for my 1991 JD baler. When the parts guy looked it up and quoted me the price ($165) I said great. When he finished the order with shipping the price was $257 with $18 shipping............daaaaaaaaaaa.

I said what happened to the $165? He said that screen apparently hasn't been updated......my thoughts: Since when?

I always get parts next day for free.

ddd75":5ntlghlp said:
Texasmark":5ntlghlp said:
circlebllc":5ntlghlp said:

I always get parts next day for free.
I've been using the same dealership, now a chain, for 40 years and never got free shipping. Wasn't free to go to the counter and pick them up either beins the dealer was 25 miles away. Maybe my volume isn't up to par.

bird dog":2ynekwxd said:
Texasmark":2ynekwxd said:

Its the side to side motion that makes my back stiff after riding a tractor all day. Does the air ride help that?
On the ebay air ride seat suspension, what powers the compressor?
Thanks

12V powers it, power switch included in the unit. 15 amp fuse will cover it. Like other suspensions, it only controls up/down movements. Side to side on my 6530 was limited by the curvature of the seat and side arm rests. On the little tractor, with a basic low back seat, I limited that by 10 psig in the tires and lots of weights.....both of which helped the softness of the up and down movement too...I could run lower air pressure because I didn't have to worry so much about the bottoming out spine jarring jab. Problem on the little guy is that the tires are rated at 2430# each (both 6 ply F4s and replacement 4 ply turfs which I thought would be softer...not much) at 35 psig and the tractor only weighs 1800 + FEL. I do see the need for stiff sidewalls consider the lateral movements tractors get into but 3 to 1 weight ratio is too much for me.

Hook2.0":n2iag6m7 said:
So I'm looking to add a grapple to this. Here's the control valve. Are these for adding a 3rd function and if so what extra equipment is needed? There isn't a thumb control on my joystick

The grapple I had put on from WR Long They replaced my valve and joystick with new joystick with a control button not sure about what you have hydraulics aint my strong point

I put a grapple on my L3940 - the best attachment by far! The local dealer added a third function remote valve that sits around foot level on the right side of the floorboard. They replaced the joystick with one that has built in thumb controls. If you need pictures I can get them tonight.

I just ran two hoses to a tractor remote. It's not as good as one that's mounted on the joy stick but it's served us well. We've cleaned up a lot of land with our grapple. A word of caution a grapple is hard on your tractors body, cab glass and the under carriage wiring and fuel lines.

Hook2.0":xrmk8skw said:
True Grit Farms":xrmk8skw said:
I just ran two hoses to a tractor remote. It's not as good as one that's mounted on the joy stick but it's served us well. We've cleaned up a lot of land with our grapple. A word of caution a grapple is hard on your tractors body, cab glass and the under carriage wiring and fuel lines.
Found that out the hard way huh?
Nothing is easy around here, our main problem is a tractor isn't supposed to be used like a bulldozer.

Hook2.0":3yb8at3g said:
NonTypicalCPA":3yb8at3g said:
I put a grapple on my L3940 - the best attachment by far! The local dealer added a third function remote valve that sits around foot level on the right side of the floorboard. They replaced the joystick with one that has built in thumb controls. If you need pictures I can get them tonight.
If you could that would be great. Thanks

In the third picture notice the orange box next to and below the hydro pedal. This the my third function valve.

screen shot

lots of dealers use diverters instead of true 3rd functions for 1/2 the money around here . not as good 3rd function but better than what true grit described

I sold a 39 horse Massey, jd4020 and jd2640. Replaced them with the 5085 and 318 skid steer. Very happy with the tractor , didn't spend enough on the skid steer. It's a bit of a disappointment
[/quote]

Looking for a 4 cylinder w/FEL. Did you consider any others?

i bought a used 2015 massey 4610 4x4 with cab and fel. a few things i dont like but overall its been a real good tractor so far(2000 hrs). its pretty noisy being a 3 cylinder but thats how they got around not having emissions. loud enough that i definitely would not by an open cab model.