Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

You don't think we'd all like to know how much you overspent?
Well, if they end up on Eleanor we talk money.... lol
They were ALMOST under budget tho!
They were probably expecting @MurraysMutts to buy more. Look at the size of that holding pen!😂😂
🤣
They only had one other. Beautiful 70lb baldy/Sim heifer. Broke the rules and ran her lil arse up to 400 bucks!! The other guy WANTED her very badly I guess. Probly because he already bought her mama....

Yall gonna be real confused when ya see tonight's pics!

And check out these holstien gals!!
Too bad they are all going to be burgers. There was some nice ones. But at .80lb and up ya can't buy em! 1400 to 1600lb cows.
20230316_120808.jpg

Well, if they end up on Eleanor we talk money.... lol
They were ALMOST under budget tho!

🤣
They only had one other. Beautiful 70lb baldy/Sim heifer. Broke the rules and ran her lil arse up to 400 bucks!! The other guy WANTED her very badly I guess. Probly because he already bought her mama....

Yall gonna be real confused when ya see tonight's pics!

And check out these holstien gals!!
Too bad they are all going to be burgers. There was some nice ones. But at .80lb and up ya can't buy em! 1400 to 1600lb cows.
View attachment 27697
Ive never seen people keep em together course butcher price nowadays makes it almost impossible. Good buys, it sounds like. I saw a few sell around $200 in el reno this week. Not the best shape tho.

Ive never seen people keep em together course butcher price nowadays makes it almost impossible. Good buys, it sounds like. I saw a few sell around $200 in el reno this week. Not the best shape tho.
They used to sell pairs all the time. I really don't get why they don't. I'd pay more for a calf and a ready made calf feeding machine than for a bottle calf and a a hamburger cow. But I suppose that's just me.

They used to sell pairs all the time. I really don't get why they don't. I'd pay more for a calf and a ready made calf feeding machine than for a bottle calf and a a hamburger cow. But I suppose that's just me.
1500lb cow at .85 is way to expensive for me.
Then the calf will bring 3 or 400 bucks. Some as low as 200. And that's old cows.

I got em seperated. Penned the calves seperate thus morning. Brought Eleanor in the small pen and turned her two in on her. Fed Bessie and Eleanor seperate.
Gonna do this for a few days til lil fart is more aggressive.
View attachment 27491View attachment 27492
I did let the other two relieve Bessie a lil this morning. She's was dripping with milk like always.... !
Sure is nice looking calf

But Murray has girls to do the work for him
For the most part....
I don't mind spending a week or two getting them bonded.
Some folks don't want to do that! It is work, regardless of how easy it seems to me and some other folks.
So I get what @Travlr is saying for sure!

Did i mention I really really need to upgrade my pen/facilities? I just got the 2 new ones in the small pen. With the upside down panels! That's the reason they are upside down. First thing they did was try and go under!!
It's not a very good picture but ya'll get the idea. I've only had 1 that could jump an upside down panel. Well, 2. One never left the trailer before I sold her...
20230316_190748.jpg

Last edited:
I kept em away from the cows all night in the lil pen. Daybreak this morning, they had become very vocal! I caught whichever cow I could (gotta get to my day job ya know) and let em loose.
Eleanor didn't seem to mind.
One calf went right to nursing. The other seemed too confused. Ate a few cubes. 😆

They won't get the big pen for a day or two. Don't need any escapes!

A BUNCH of pages back Bessie had her first calf that I sold.
Screenshot_20230322-202535_Gallery.jpg

Neighbors been taking real good care of her. She's been running with a black sale barn bull.
Pretty sure she was the first to breed over there. Should have a calf this fall.
They call her "Momma"
The bull is called "Dinner"
Poor bass turd... 🤣
20230322_180450.jpg20230322_180305.jpg

I love it when Bessie is fresh!!
I bet I'm gonna love it when Eleanor freshens too.
They've all been doing a good job of keeping mama's empty. I had to put a couple Sustain scour pills in the big black heifer. She was looking a bit run down and had milk squirts like u wouldn't believe!
Both nurse cows calves are all worked. Banded. Tagged etc.
Think I'm gonna move em to the south acre so they got more room now...
20230324_183619.jpg

Latest posts