Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep. They weren't mad at all at me. I called first thing to let em know and they said we were wondering who's those were! 😆
Opal is there too. So I'll update her thread later as well.

Wow. They just called. He could not find anything in her mouth either. He thinks it's an abcess or scarring from having woody tongue. He did give her antibiotics and went ahead and wormed her with something besides ivermectin. Starts with a V I think. Updated her vax. And she's about 8 months heavy with a calf. So Big Sexy got right with it in June!!

Last edited:
Yep. They weren't mad at all at me. I called first thing to let em know and they said we were wondering who's those were! 😆
Opal is there too. So I'll update her thread later as well.

Wow. They just called. He could not find anything in her mouth either. He thinks it's an abcess or scarring from having woody tongue. He did give her antibiotics and went ahead and wormed her with something besides ivermectin. Starts with a V I think. Updated her vax. And she's about 8 months heavy with a calf. So Big Sexy got right with it in June!!
Glad you got her to the vet. Hope she straightens out soon. Gave her Valbazen maybe?

Do you have liver flukes in your area?
Congrats on the pregnancy
Well, we don't see it here often. That's what the vet was saying too.

He said the mass is hard. Very difficult to say. I know I won't be fooling around next time. Any unwell animals will go straight there. This convenient Saturday sale barn Vet thing is a JOKE.
20230116_173136.jpg

Well, we don't see it here often. That's what the vet was saying too.

He said the mass is hard. Very difficult to say. I know I won't be fooling around next time. Any unwell animals will go straight there. This convenient Saturday sale barn Vet thing is a JOKE.
View attachment 25032
That looks similar to what we've seen with liver fluke overloads but usually not hard. Also seen abscesses from stickers look like that. Hope she gets well quick.

My old girl, Bandit, had a big lump like that on her lower cheek one time. It was a sticker that got lodged in her gums and worked its way through to the outside. Her lump was very hard, but developed a soft center before it, um, drained. Can you feel under there and see if there's a soft area in the center? If so, it's probably something she got stuck under her tongue and it infected. If and when it opens, flush it out ONCE with a 20cc syringe of hydrogen peroxide and then leave it alone. It will heal up and leave a small scar, but you'll never notice it. If the vet's antibiotics take care of it, it's likely to just diminish in size and disappear. IF it's an abscess, but that's what it looks like.

APPEARS to be looking a lil better already. Not QUITE as bulbous. My biggest fear is an abortion from the antibiotics I think. He called her 8 months bred. I suppose she could've been first one to breed here when I brought Big Sexy home in June tho.
I gotta find some more baby calves soon!
Tho I call pull ONE from Eleanor if I have to.
20230118_171008.jpg20230118_171011.jpg

Update time!
Sorry, no calf yet. Even tho he called her 8 months I ain't expecting her til March. Bull was put in beginning of June specifically to keep my girls out of February calving. And this year, February is a dream so far! Sheesh!!

But she is getting some condition about her. And her bottlejaw or whatever it was has improved greatly! No more drool. (Tho she quit that about as soon as she started it)
And the lumpiness is nearly gone. I suspect she's always gonna have a little from here out.
O yeah! This will be her first calf by Big Sexy.
So it's liable to have a bit of color!!
20230205_091232.jpg20230205_091224.jpg

Bag is fuller. She's getting real close....
Shes sure loving on Seven and Seven is loving on her.
20230306_180730.jpg20230306_180807.jpg20230306_181013.jpg
Shes right on time for sure. I can pull the lil heifer off Eleanor if I need to. Eleanor is so far into her lactation I'm thinking it'll be better for her to just raise the single steer now. We will see.
Bessie raised 3 her first time. If I can get another bought soon, I may give that a go again...

Still going....
Someone made mention of looking at hooks n pins. I can't find that post. I think maybe it was @gcreekrch or @Nesikep
Is that the indention everyone speaks of when getting close?
Actually got Bessie and Goldie. They are hanging out together.
20230310_175610.jpg20230310_175720.jpg20230310_175926.jpg20230310_175600.jpg
I don't know who's gonna be first. They both look equally close back there!!

The hooks are the bone of the hip that is poking out to the side and the pins are the part that is poking out behind. You can google it and get a better idea.