Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well. I'm aggravating the neighbors.

Those 3 have been bawling their heads off. They called this morning and said they have 4 cows and a calf in their front yard. No cows except mine for about a mile and a half. Yep! Those cows came from a mile and half away to see what all the commotion was about.

Sounds like neighbors need to make a better fence....

Bessie is hollaring too. But shes right next door to her calves. She can hear em but cant see em. We will hope I dont have to rebuild fence!

Just a couple more days and theyll all settle down...

Well. I'm aggravating the neighbors.

Those 3 have been bawling their heads off. They called this morning and said they have 4 cows and a calf in their front yard. No cows except mine for about a mile and a half. Yep! Those cows came from a mile and half away to see what all the commotion was about.

Sounds like neighbors need to make a better fence....

Bessie is hollaring too. But shes right next door to her calves. She can hear em but cant see em. We will hope I dont have to rebuild fence!

Just a couple more days and theyll all settle down...
😂😂😂😂
Gotta love weaning time. My grandpa has his main corrals about a quarter mile from his house. U can hear those 100 calves perfectly clear for about 2 days.haha
I assume ur neighbors expected u to deal w those cows regardless?🤠🤠

😂😂😂😂
Gotta love weaning time. My grandpa has his main corrals about a quarter mile from his house. U can hear those 100 calves perfectly clear for about 2 days.haha
I assume ur neighbors expected u to deal w those cows regardless?🤠🤠
Haha! No.
But we found the owners. These guys are new to the area and dont really know anyone. But figured I might.

We both kinda figured they were mine, even tho I've not had any real escape artists. My cows have been here for years and kinda know their boundaries. Ive had fences down for one reason or another and these cows never left home. Not saying it won't or cant happen, but I've been very fortunate!

5 strands and a hot down the middle on most boundary fence. But I do have a couple small spots that are just a single hot too.

I'm glad they weren't mine!

Funny story.
Once upon a time I had a couple jackasses. They lived in about 4 acres of hot wire. When I opened it up to about 30 more acres, those knot heads would NOT cross where I put the gate!!!
They just KNEW there was a hot wire there somewhere I guess!!
Damndest thing I had seen in a while. They just stood there. Then the Jenny finally came across. But the jack walked back and forth, pacing that opening like 50 times b4 he decided he would come thru.

Last edited:
Big news!
Bessie's baby gurl is gonna be a cow! Her demeanor and the fact that she allows petting saved her life.
They've fell in love with her and got another calf to feed out....
Lucky lil heifer. I'm pretty excited about it myself. I know others on here were a bit sad about her fate as well.
Here we go! She looks really really good!
20211218_141814.jpg20211218_141816.jpg

So I get a call this morning. Neighbor left the water on and they were calling from work. I went and shut it off for em. 😆
They pulling my tricks!!
Got a snap of Bessies babies. These guys are spoiled rotten to say the least. The 2 steers are freezer bound. Not sure what the plan is for breeding "Mama" (that's what they call Bessies heifer) as all I've got is my hereford bull now. Guess we will cross that bridge later....
On to the pictures!
20220121_120312.jpg20220121_120302.jpg20220121_120242.jpg
The steers are pushing for an October dinner date.
That heifer is quite beefy.... wonder how she's gonna milk.....

Latest posts