Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

It's cute now while hes still a baby. But he will definitely not be staying here. Lol
His only destination in life is someone hamburgers and money in my pocket.

Dont even get me started on a bull I owned briefly that did more cow sucking than breeding!

Too bad that Jersey/Hereford calf is a bull. He's gonna end up with a beautiful tiger-stripe coat on him. My first cow was that cross, with beautiful red/black brindling, then her heifer calf (with a Jersey daddy) ended up just as striped but also flashy chromed (face, belly, lower legs are white). Even HER heifer calf (with an Angus daddy) is brindled, but she's much more faint - dark mahogany on black. I love brindles. :) My first one is gone now, but I still have the daughter and granddaughter.

This is my pretty lil Ethel
Bought her pre-owned. Shes raised 2 great calves for me. Got the bug eyes and brindle going on. Some jersey in there somewhere. She makes lots n lots of milk but kicked anything that ain't hers and is wayyyy too antsy to even try a second calf on.
Always comes for feed. If she dont. Shes got a newborn somewhere. Shes bred to my hereford this time. Should be due in September at the earliest.
Anyway, just wanted to put a pic or 2 up.
20210801_102046.jpg
20210801_101948.jpg20210801_102046.jpg

I'm assuming (hoping) that Bessie is bred back????

She sure looks good....and so do those calves.
O yeah. Richard was hanging with her pretty tight about a month after she calved. He hasn't been caught following her around for a while. I think with the feed and what not, she was in good shape to breed in a timely manner. I'm afraid shes moved up a month and she will be due in February. I certainly hope it's a nice day when she decides to calve. February I think, is the worst month to calve round here.

May 10th...
By May 23rd he was chasing other cows.
20210510_070242.jpg
My plan is to move the bull out when calving starts here. I got my lil second place synced up. I'd like to do the same here.

Last edited:

Latest posts