THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELLPHONE COULD DO...

Help Support CattleToday:

jack.diamond

Reaction score
Interesting Stuff. May come in Handy.

Jack

THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELLPHONE COULD DO...

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

*I*

* The Emergency Number worldwide for **Mobile** is 112.* If you find yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. **Try it out.**

*II*

* Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys?*
This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you
can unlock the doors (or the trunk)

*III*

Hidden Battery power

Imagine your cell battery is very low , you are expecting an important call and you don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with a reserve battery. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

*IV*

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your cell phone:

* # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. when your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either.

jack.diamond":ha7gpqoe said:
The Emergency Number worldwide for **Mobile** is 112.*
Apparently I'm out of this world, then, because it didn't work on my phone. :lol:
jack.diamond":ha7gpqoe said:
To check your Mobile phone's serial number....
"...cannot complete the call as dialed. please hang up and...."

I seriously doubt the car door thing, too.. Most remote keyless entry systems work via radio frequency transmission, but I think it's a stretch for the cellphone to pick up a 300-400mhz signal, send it across the mobile network, and then have the simple, tiny speaker of the phone on the other end recreate that signal perfectly..

But I'd try it, if I had remote keyless entry. :lol:

I don''t have a cell phone. :oops: ...I want one that I can call someone on,not games,or all the other stuff they do. The companys don't seem to make a basic cell phone...some of the kids at work are working only to support their phone!! :shock:

jack.diamond":3k9pmzd2 said:
*II*

* Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys?*
This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you
can unlock the doors (or the trunk)
I really want to try this.

tried out the car key did not work, but didn't leave the keys in the car, incase the spare set stopped working, and then would have to call out the RAC, and try expaining that one away. The Men in White coats would follow later. :lol: the 112 works have had to use that, when Ambulance was needed at a road accident, and had no credit on my phone. not checked out the other one.

Peg, why not get a pay as you go, mobile you only pay for the calls you make, and you don't have to use all the other things on the phone that is what I do.

peg4x4":2hcbv9xv said:
I don''t have a cell phone. :oops: ...I want one that I can call someone on,not games,or all the other stuff they do. The companys don't seem to make a basic cell phone...some of the kids at work are working only to support their phone!! :shock:

There are several pay as you go (sometimes called disposable) cell phones. Tracfone is a big one. We got a tracfone, but it didn't work for being out in the boonies. I gave it to my sister in OKC and it works fine for her there. She just carries it in the car for emergencies. There's a website. There are other brands, too. WalMart has several brands. We use US Cellular for our cell phones and they even have prepaid service.

My first cell phone was a disaster. Didn't work well anywhere I needed it. I cancelled that and waited. A new tower went in up the road from me and reception improved. I bought a Tracfone at Wally's last Dec. for $20. I have about $200 invested to date, including a year usage with 11 mos to go. I have really low usage. I call if I'm stranded or I need help or I need to co-ordinate something, etc. It has occasionally been very useful. Well worth the price.

Id believe the car unlock trick would not work, considering that the receiver for the remotes is not even in the door. Its in the computer for the alarm system under the hood. Stuff like that is too good to be true. I dont have to worry, dont have a car with a remote anyways.

car door unlock does work, but I am pretty sure the person pressing the "unlock" fob has to be on a landline.

Latest posts