Things they messed up.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Use to be you could pull a six PAC of beer or soda ( I've tried both:) ) out of the cooler and walk across the store to check out. I'm convinced after years of research and development that PETA or Save the Whales as integrated a " drop the load" twitch into the long loved plastic six PAC holder....

I could go on and on but I'll let y'all pitch in on a " things that use to work just swell" thread. God Bless America!

Instead of getting people to put their trash in trash. They duck up a good thing.
O hey king, try buying your beer while still sober. It'll go smoother ;-)

I don't know if I'm on the right track here or not? Lawn mower blades used be bout something as the kids would say. You could sharpen them for a long time, and seldom bend one. Turned a many in knives after they were discarded------------Now good luck with any you buy. The ones that come on them from the factory, can be bent with your hands.

Cutting down cost on making everything BF, (plus to decrease landfill.)
How bout the plastic water bottles and coke cans that are so thin now that when you grasp hold to open them they collapse and spill out the top!? Pi$$e$ me off every time.
Everything is thinner, flimsier, and biodegradable. Which might work ok for some things, but not every thing. And certainly not for lawn mower blades and tools.

I could go for days if people would read it. Shovel handles. For heaven sakes, you better not try to pry a root with a new shovel.

Bigfoot":2ea4srd1 said:
I could go for days if people would read it. Shovel handles. For heaven sakes, you better not try to pry a root with a new shovel.
:nod: :nod: I buy shovel handles every time I turn around. My biggest gripe is sprinklers and hoses! Barely last a season with hard water.

I'll go after nails now. They ain't worth a crap today. I remember people saving nails, and straightening bent ones. It was tough to straighten a nail back in the day. I remember my grandfather telling me, that there aren't many log cabins around, because when people stepped up to building a house, they'd burn their cabin to get what nails were in it. I lost a roll pen out the door of my horse trailer a couple of weeks ago. I stuck a 16 penny nail in it, and bent it with bare hand so it wouldn't fall out before I get around to replacing it.

Bigfoot":1ki8i2xp said:

My shovels and post hole diggers all get overhauled with 1" black pipe handles. Heck of a work out on the PHDs, but they last.

Edit to add: even the fiberglass handles are junk.

Latest posts