Things look different

Help Support CattleToday:

@Angie - Could we have the Date & Time put up on the Home screen please. I'm in the Southern Hemisphere so it's always nice to know approx. what time it is over there without having to calculate.

@Angie - Could we have the Date & Time put up on the Home screen please. I'm in the Southern Hemisphere so it's always nice to know approx. what time it is over there without having to calculate.

The forum is set to whatever time zone you have set the forum to. It will show on each posts so you can see the time it was posted. Putting a time at the top of the forum will be whatever a member sets it, so would not provide you with more information. If you would like to know approximately when someone "over here" posted you could leave it on USA Easter Time Zone since that is the default time. If you'd like to know when someone in Texas is posting set it to Central Time Zone. Then you will see those times on the forum. But, we don't have two clocks on the site.

@greybeard The site and domain was sold so he could do some retirement stuff from the little I know of it. Right now it's just a couple of guys and I help keep and eye on things and try to explain this different software. Hopefully the new software will make uploading photos and other such things much easier for you and everyone else.

Thanks for your reply @Angie, I do grasp the fact that I can change the settings to my preference.
Let's forget for a moment where I am situated. The previous CT format included the current day, date & time just above the board headings on the Home page.
Would it be possible to include this with the present software or do you feel it is unnecessary?

I have a question. @alisonb The Current day, date, and time where? USA Eastern time? Central Time? I'll ask the techs if I know what time you are calling the Current date and time here.

ETA: I've sent a message to the tech asking if that date/time thing you would like is possible.

Last edited:
@alisonb The developers say that would not work out for this software and the current settings and add-ons.

Thanks for the effort @Angie, I have looked at other XenForo powered forums and it does not seem to be a feature.

To answer your previous question...the display would be set on the actual server time and will adjust for the timezone of logged-in users.

The server time is displayed correctly for guests and members who are not logged in.

Here is the easiest way since I cannot get that for you. Subtract 6 hours. I have to work with some folks in Australia and have to figure on their time differences. I have my smart cell phone clock world clock set to Aussie time and my time. But with just a little bit, you can automatically see 8 am your time and know it's 2 am last evening for us.

Or set the forum for Eastern time which is what the server is on, and you'll see the forum time.

Hello again @Angie. The other forum I'm a member of that uses this platform will put a "Thread Starter" label in the ribbon of replies from the original poster. That's very helpful when following threads, especially long ones. Is there any chance we can get it here?

1605015534811.png

1605111194626.png

In a different area but that OP on the avatar shows the thread starter. So that designation is already there.

I overlooked it until recently myself, so we must be someone older.

View attachment 796

In a different area but that OP on the avatar shows the thread starter. So that designation is already there.

Okay @Angie, this is getting weird. Now I'm seeing the member pictures as squares, with the corners rounded off, instead of circles, and the "OP" banner isn't there. The screenshot below is from a discussion that I started, but all discussions are showing the square now.

1605131190127.png

Latest posts