Things I learned today

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
A Bushhog 3008 at about 4 mph will slice right through the riser pipe and control rod inside and not even pause.
The other is that Sassafras trees aren;t very tough. A beer can sized (not Fosters can size) will die if you spray a mixture of surfactant, Surmount and water on the trunk. Takes it about 3 weeks to totally die. Blackberrys take only about 2 weeks to die.

No beating up on dun for advanced age. I just got back from a meeting at my new ranch with the previous owner who is just shy of his ninety-fifth birthday. We drove everywhere you can get a truck (which is about a quarter of it) and he popped out of the truck and fed hay himself every time we saw a set of cows close enough to draw in.
I'd be proud to be that sharp at sixty much less in my nineties.
Also, a bush hog won't !@#$ things up anywhere NEAR as fast as a ten foot flail mower on a 90hp massey... And citrus trees can tolerate some glyphosate but there is a limit. The worst is when your PCA neglects to notice $1000 worth of baby walnut trees interplanted in the existing orchard and perscribes full strength fertalizer through the drip irrigation and kills them all. :roll:

Latest posts