Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

You're reading too much into my word choice of comeback. Simply meant that I knew you would have a response and I had a had a pretty good idea of what it would be as I remember we've had a similar discussion a good while back. I meant nothing facetious but it.
I'm sure you are a hard worker and dedicated to what you do, that is a good thing and also admirable. Everyone in business faces lean times that's a given.
Times and situations change and business has to adapt, I agree with that.
We're doing things I never would have imagined even 10 years ago, but you do what you have to do. I'm dusting furniture, sweeping floors, multiple times a week. Who knows maybe when Amazon or Atwood's gets into fencing we might be hearing about Mr Fence's mobile dog grooming. Just a silly example, no offense meant.
It's a much different world, people used to could retire in the same profession they started out in and maybe even passed it in to their children or grandchildren, but now people usually changes jobs, careers many times.
You are right about one thing. Mr fence will adapt however necessary. A lifetime of self employment means I'm completely unemployable.
To be 100 percent honest. I could quit.
I'm grooming someone in prep to give them a opportunity. A life changing opportunity. I hope they hold up and stay on track to receive the reward for being loyal.

But maybe if you'll get in one of those scooters they provide FREE of charge
if it's FREE of charge, it ain't haulin him or his sunglasses anywhere......
volts.jpg
😄 😄

You ever tried shopping from one of hose things?
I did after my heart surgery some years back (and may have to again soon if they can't fix my hip and leg)

You can't reach anything.

I do have employees that stand around and watch. That would be ME....
I do the same. We are talking past each other.

I don't go to Walmart nearly enough to have an opinion on what I observed last week. It could have been training day. I withdraw my opinion until I have a better understanding.

I do the same. We are talking past each other.

I don't go to Walmart nearly enough to have an opinion on what I observed last week. It could have been training day. I withdraw my opinion until I have a better understanding.
So we could have stopped at crawfish........... you need to start thinking about the innocent people could have been offended by this little dust up...

So we could have stopped at crawfish........... you need to start thinking about the innocent people could have been offended by this little dust up...
Or entitled, crying, and the worst of all, politician.

A person has to chose to be offended. I have no empathy for those who are.

You did start this whiner thread. What else do you hate?

Walmart started out as small mom and Pop business. They simply outperformed, outsmarted and and outlucked the competition.
It seems people hate whoever is more successful than them or whoever beats them is not playing fair.
Well... only since you brought it up.

As big companies grow they do have some advantages and they take advantage of their advantages. One then Wally World has taken advantage of is being so large and important that they are "overlooked" in many ways that would cause smaller, less important companies grief. Legally, piblically (media), and even by consumers.

There are often unethical practices that are ignored simply because the trade-off between their questionable practices are outweighed by their perceived value.

I'm hesitant to use the self checkouts because I've seen too many reports of people who overlooked an item while using it and were then prosecuted for shoplifting.

Well... only since you brought it up.

As big companies grow they do have some advantages and they take advantage of their advantages. One then Wally World has taken advantage of is being so large and important that they are "overlooked" in
I disagree travir.
A small mom and Pop store in a small town is often a hub of political talk. The hardware store near by proudly displays it's trump signs. Also people tend to honor the your house your rules rule in a small store. People tend to think of a big box store as public property.
And they usually are publicly traded companys so there's a whole other set of concerns. As far as unethical, I also disagree. The owner of a small mom and Pop store is pretty likely to be slipping some cash in the pocket without reporting it. That's stealing right.
Big stores get they're advantage by playing in a big arena. It's that simple.not everyone gets there. I personally don't call anyone a crook unless I can prove it and I'm willing to say it to them directly.
That's just me..

When we shop at WM the bill will run from $175 to 300. and may fill a couple of carts.
There is usually no problem in getting someone to check out our purchase.
The Mrs. started at store #14. She did not finish there.
If there is a problem getting checked out ask for a the store manager.
Only had a problem one time. Wife dialed Bentonville and spoke to someone
and handed the phone to the store manager. The service was immediate and
very polite. I like shopping at Sam's or Wal-Mart.

I disagree travir.
A small mom and Pop store in a small town is often a hub of political talk. The hardware store near by proudly displays it's trump signs. Also people tend to honor the your house your rules rule in a small store. People tend to think of a big box store as public property.
And they usually are publicly traded companys so there's a whole other set of concerns. As far as unethical, I also disagree. The owner of a small mom and Pop store is pretty likely to be slipping some cash in the pocket without reporting it. That's stealing right.
Big stores get they're advantage by playing in a big arena. It's that simple.not everyone gets there. I personally don't call anyone a crook unless I can prove it and I'm willing to say it to them directly.
That's just me..
I worked "off the farm" in Bentonville Arkansas. Guess where... I even have a note written to me personally from one of the big nuts in the general offices for something I did. One of those life's treasures things that get saved. I visited the general offices to do work, free lancing, outside of my employment. And you would not believe the discussions had in the cloistered and closely guarded inner circles. It's not that I can't prove it... it's that it would serve no purpose. But I can suggest a way to prove it to yourself. Next time you buy some kind of crap off a shelf, something that doesn't work right out of the box (I could suggest a few specific items), put it back in the box and return it, marking the box so you know you bought it. Be sure you tell the person that the item is defective when you return it. Then go back into the store and buy another one. When you bring the second one back because it didn't work, do the same thing, marking the box on return and telling them it is defective. Then go buy a third one and look to see if your first one is back on the shelf to be resold. If there are five identical boxes when you begin, mark each one as you return each of them so you don't buy the same one more than once. After you've bought every box and returned them all defective you can tell me if all the returned defects are back on the shelf to be resold. You can do this wherever there is a store.
I could explain why you get the results you get, but that's more involved. Still something I know... and not just something overheard as a rumor.
As for saying it to them directly... I did. More than once.

And yes, there are dishonest Mom and Pops. I have one of those in my town now. The scale is different there, too...

Life ain't fair and the world is mean. If you don't come up swinging and don't lay it in the yoke every day ya won't get much and ya just as likely won't get much if'n ya do. If you believe in a higher power, trust the plan for you. If you don't believe in one, laugh it off and chalk it up to bad luck. I've seen smart men toil hard and either make it big or bust and I've seen dumb, lucky SOBs do the same. If you're shopping, spend your money where you think best. If you're working for a company full of snakey SOBs, cash the checks until your line gets crossed and then bounce. Never "ride for the brand" if you don't know the man who signs the checks and he's never made an attempt to know you. Everybody's gotta do something. In my lines of work, I'm always ready to quit unless I'm working for someone who treats me right and knows my first and last name on sight. Too many people looking for a good worker to work for a bad boss.

I rarely do shop at WalMart, but my wife has asked for some stuff from there for her birthday. Nearest one right now is 30+ miles. I'll make a small day of it.

I worked "off the farm" in Bentonville Arkansas. Guess where... I even have a note written to me personally from one of the big nuts in the general offices for something I did. One of those life's treasures things that get saved. I visited the general offices to do work, free lancing, outside of my employment. And you would not believe the discussions had in the cloistered and closely guarded inner circles. It's not that I can't prove it... it's that it would serve no purpose. But I can suggest a way to prove it to yourself. Next time you buy some kind of crap off a shelf, something that doesn't work right out of the box (I could suggest a few specific items), put it back in the box and return it, marking the box so you know you bought it. Be sure you tell the person that the item is defective when you return it. Then go back into the store and buy another one. When you bring the second one back because it didn't work, do the same thing, marking the box on return and telling them it is defective. Then go buy a third one and look to see if your first one is back on the shelf to be resold. If there are five identical boxes when you begin, mark each one as you return each of them so you don't buy the same one more than once. After you've bought every box and returned them all defective you can tell me if all the returned defects are back on the shelf to be resold. You can do this wherever there is a store.
I could explain why you get the results you get, but that's more involved. Still something I know... and not just something overheard as a rumor.
As for saying it to them directly... I did. More than once.

And yes, there are dishonest Mom and Pops. I have one of those in my town now. The scale is different there, too...
I would guess the merchant gets screwed more than the customers when it comes to returns. I vary rarely return anything. The reasons most people have for returning merchandise I consider dishonest.
I eat my mistakes and for the record I'm nowhere near starving. Lol

I would guess the merchant gets screwed more than the customers when it comes to returns. I vary rarely return anything. The reasons most people have for returning merchandise I consider dishonest.
I eat my mistakes and for the record I'm nowhere near starving. Lol
Walmart is the one that promoted the ''no questions asked'' return policy. It worked for them but I wonder if the tide is turning?

I gotta jump in to say that I personally love the self checkout. The checkers at Kroger are sooo fast that I can't keep,up. With self checkout I can watch every charge.
I have the opposite problem...I'm fast while standing and watching others...nothing gets past me on that screen. But when i actually have to check out myself...the dreaded fruit weighing or using a coupon (Mr. Coupon here)...I always flag for help and it takes me 3 times longer.
One time i stuffed so much change in the coin accept machine it got locked up (failure), used some paper bills to finish my order (success)...and high-tailed it out of there (sorry-regret). That wasn't nice of me...but I had things to do cattle to feed.

.......................or using a coupon (Mr. Coupon here)...I always flag for help and it takes me 3 times longer...............................
Now the coupon people would drive me to a self checkout if one was open. Do you keep your coupons in a fanny pack, and dig for them to present one at a time? I'd probably hand you a $20 just to get out of my way ;)

I left a cart full of stuff at a checkout one time. just got tired of waiting for a coupon queen to get finished up ahead of me.
no, I don't care how much money she was saving..

Latest posts