Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

That's what she did but when I went to UPS the local UPS said she would need their label none the less and handed me the package back. Next day, the new pair came (same size) so now she has 2 pair to send back. I told her she would have to do it, as I don't just want to deal with it.
I've had that happen too. Something about the UPS facility being a "hub" and not a real UPS drop off facility. Mine is only open for drops from 4:30 to six.

Ya gotta print the label from an e-mail...

I ordered some tires, got the first one wrong, tried to stop shipment before the rest came, and since they didn't all arrive together I had to make different trips. Then they refunded ALL the charges even the ones that arrives right. But they DID appreciate that I called them up and told them... and they charged me the $600+ that they should have not refunded.

Last edited:
I ordered a dog boundary wireless system and figured from the directions it wouldn't work in my situation. I called Amazon and asked to return it, just keep it and we'll refund it 100% they said.

Ordered Roy's dog food from chewy last week, email said delivered with picture. Not my porch, called and said it must be somewhere else can i get another sack? No problem we'll send it out. I went quarter mile up the road to the next house just to check, there it was on their porch. Called and asked to cancel the order, nope keep it for free. Email says again 2nd sack delivered not my porch again, so I drove up the road and there it was on the porch again! Jeez. Roy's stalked up good now.

I ordered some books off Amazon but never got them, tracking said undeliverable. Went back to my confirmation and attempted to reorder but it wouldn't go through. Figured the seller no longer had them and cancelled my order. Couple days later, all 5 books were delivered. Okay, whatever. Then I got an email from Amazon saying they processed my refund. Checked my credit card statement and yup, it was there. Called Amazon and said they could charge my account again since I did receive the order. Nope. They told me to keep the books and the refund. Da hell?? But yippee - free books.
I didi the same thing.......with a $400 ping pong table.

When you buy something online....
it's a one-time purchase and all the sudden you're getting non stop email because you're subscribed to every product that they had in the store !!!
You then calmly " unsubscribe" and the emails continue for months.
Then you start getting invitations to purchase all kinds of other products because evidently they sold your email when you unsubscribed !!

I was in line to mail a package at the post office a few weeks ago, and there was a guy in line ahead of me with three large boxes on one of those cheap fold-up hand trucks. They were over 3' long, so I'm sure he had a time getting them through the door.

They were Amazon boxes. I assume he got UPS and USPS confused. I was close enough to hear his conversation with the postal worker. It was going to cost him well over $100.00 each to ship them. He declined, and left, again having all kinds of trouble getting through the door. Apparently he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I orders some strong magnets the other month. They never came and I got an email that they were likely lost. So I reordered and canceled the first order. The 2nd order came and the box looked like it had been in a war but all was well. A sticker said that the package could not be shipped by air because of magnets in the package. So my first box is likely stuck on the side of a semi somewhere still riding the roads. I never thought of magnets in cargo being a plane hazard. I learn something every day. I feel so safe being protected by politicians and bureaucrats. :rolleyes:

it's a one-time purchase and all the sudden you're getting non stop email because you're subscribed to every product that they had in the store !!!
Then you start getting invitations to purchase all kinds of other products because evidently they sold your email when you unsubscribed !!
Kinda scary isn't it. Seems like they know every move that I make.

Not my experience at all...

On the other hand... it's pretty disturbing when we are discussing some kind of product in "ear-shot" of our Alexa... and we start getting ads for that product on the computer.

They more than likely, sold your email address way before that. And, many places, you may have unknowingly agreed to that in the fine print of the TOS (that very few bother to read) when you made the initial purchase.

Not my experience at all...

On the other hand... it's pretty disturbing when we are discussing some kind of product in "ear-shot" of our Alexa... and we start getting ads for that product on the computer.

Even if I needed another reason to not have one of those in the house, and I don't, that would do it.

Even if I needed another reason to not have one of those in the house, and I don't, that would do it.
Yeah, we've thought about getting rid of it. The handiest thing is that we can set an alarm for things we are cooking (the stove alarm is too quiet and it only goes off one time) and set reminders days ahead for things. It also plays music we don't normally hear if we ask it to.

There's no monthly charge, so it's really six of one and a half dozen of another.

How about when you google some product and the next thing you see come across your facebook feed is similar products for sale.
Heck, I didn't even have to google it. My wife was walking across the shop one day and I asked her if she had a burger to go with that shake. Couple hours later I was getting a pop-up for the Impossible Whopper.

I've been to Walmart exactly twice in the past 5-6 years. Both times for sunglasses, because I can't find another place in town.
Last week I was checking out with my sunglasses, looking for a checker-outer.
I must've walked past 6 or 8 of the self checkout lanes. There was a Walmart employee per two lanes, just standing there watching people. I don't get it.
I found a human to check me out. Really nice blue haired old lady that asked how I was doing, and wished me a blessed day.

Latest posts