Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

How one hears their own voice is often very different than how they sound to others.
Some people, due to a medical anomaly between their ears and trachea, talk in a low tone naturally. To talk in a 'normal' tone or volume, to them, would sound like they were always yelling.
If one records their own conversation they can hear what others hear. The one speaking hears different because the sound is vibrating through their bones!

I can't stand the sounds of people chewing chips, ice, ect. I saw its on Dr Oz and read about it. It has to do with how a person hears the sounds theirs ears are real sensitive to that times of sounds or something like that. Does this happen to anybody else?

I can't stand the sounds of people chewing chips, ice, ect. I saw its on Dr Oz and read about it. It has to do with how a person hears the sounds theirs ears are real sensitive to that times of sounds or something like that. Does this happen to anybody else?

I don't watch dr oz (ever!) but I'm one of those that speak softly and my ears are very sensitive... by that, I mean my hearing is acute. It's gotten better as I have gotten into my 7th decade, but for most of my life, I hated going to crowded public places. It gets embarrassing to listen to private conversations taking place 2 aisles over in Walmart or hear about some young couple's private sex life plans from 1/2 way across a restaurant.
Walmart actually always just sounded like a giant HUMMMMM of voices from the minute I walked close to the entrance door. Once inside tho, the individual conversations separate out.

I don't watch dr oz (ever!) but I'm one of those that speak softly and my ears are very sensitive... by that, I mean my hearing is acute. It's gotten better as I have gotten into my 7th decade, but for most of my life, I hated going to crowded public places. It gets embarrassing to listen to private conversations taking place 2 aisles over in Walmart or hear about some young couple's private sex life plans from 1/2 way across a restaurant.
Walmart actually always just sounded like a giant HUMMMMM of voices from the minute I walked close to the entrance door. Once inside tho, the individual conversations separate out.
Thats funny, at the same time I know it's really not cause I understand how annoy it is.
God bless what you have against Dr Oz. Bahahahaha. Just kidding. I don't watch it all the time, just occasionally if I see something interesting. I enjoy watching about health stuff like that.

They fined you for burning off your pasture? For what reason was the fine??
Not sure where you are but every state that I'm aware of in the US have some rules on burning. Some states require a permit, others limit the time it can be done. A good officer will work with a landowner mostly but as everything else some push the limit on both sides.
A couple of members here have lost everything to wildfires that started by someone burning carelessly. Ask them their thoughts. As I have said before I have been a wildland firefighter since 1973 so I have seen the right way an the wrong way.
That being said I have 2 cases in court this Thursday. Both lit piles an went back in the house. That's the wrong way.

Lack of fires is the single biggest factor in wildfire risk. Gov't folks are all afraid of their pensions so won't risk issuing burning permits on public land and won't do prescribed burns. Then they wring their hands and point their fingers when wildfire takes off through forest land with over loaded fuel build up.
Guys like us that have been burning our range for generations are suddenly part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

No Hornets for me either!
We have black hornets here, I really have no issue with them.. they nested on the side of the shop this year, never bothered me at all, they don't raid your picnic, etc.. Yellow jackets are just the spawn of satan, insipid, stupid.. grrrrrr

Other things on the my list of things I hate.. Feed/seed sacks that don't open the way they should.. I've given up opening them "nicely".. out comes the knife now

There's a few people have listed on this thread of mine from 10 years ago

Lack of fires is the single biggest factor in wildfire risk. Gov't folks are all afraid of their pensions so won't risk issuing burning permits on public land and won't do prescribed burns. Then they wring their hands and point their fingers when wildfire takes off through forest land with over loaded fuel build up.
Guys like us that have been burning our range for generations are suddenly part of the problem instead of part of the solution.
Things are so different here than there i definitely can't argue with that. Anything that does here this fall will be pretty well rotted away by next fall. No big buildup.

This is going to be a very long thread. It might be a record breaker.

I never owned an electric can opener

Not sure where you are but every state that I'm aware of in the US have some rules on burning. Some states require a permit, others limit the time it can be done. A good officer will work with a landowner mostly but as everything else some push the limit on both sides.
A couple of members here have lost everything to wildfires that started by someone burning carelessly. Ask them their thoughts. As I have said before I have been a wildland firefighter since 1973 so I have seen the right way an the wrong way.
That being said I have 2 cases in court this Thursday. Both lit piles an went back in the house. That's the wrong way.
Texas and I know of no restrictions outside of city limits. Now you can't burn tires and such

Texas and I know of no restrictions outside of city limits. Now you can't burn tires and such
I think you might want to research this a little. It seems TX does not issue permits but it shows that outdoor burning is restricted in most cases. Even each county can and does enact total burning bans. I have worked TX when it was flooding in the east and fires in the western parts. And it states that if it escaped the person burning can be held liable for all costs of putting the fire out.
Just be careful and check your local rules.

We pay for a write in our insurance policy for controlled burning. The counties I work in require you to notify the fire department. Simply so they don't waste resources responding to calls. Counties do enact burn bans, even a campfire or bbq can get you a ticket when it gets really dry. Local fire chief told me once, very few fires started by ranchers cause a problem. In fact he said ranchers burning along with their cattle grazing prevent more fires than anything.
People have accidentally shot other people with their gun. Doesn't mean you try to punish or control responsible people on private property.

Latest posts