They're only Black Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
But they're new calves.

P1010054.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010058.jpg

Cutee's!! Love the brockle face momma...and the white face calf in the first pic.

Thanks for sharing

Cuties! I like the way you have it set up so the babies can go under to the dry and hay but the mamas can't. We have something similar with electric fence.

You could caption those pictures and make greeting cards...that's how unique and pretty those babies and their little characters are. Yep, there goes my :heart:

Thanks for starting my day off with a smile. :D

Alice

Cute calves, I especially like the white-faced one, and good looking, too. Congratulations, mnmt! :) Nice set-up you've got there.

It appears you have an area that only the calves can get under. How does that work out for you?

RGV

For cold weather and wet weather calving it's the only way.

Easy to keep clean and dry, cows won't trample calves. in bad weather like today and yesterday the calve come out to nurse and frisk around a bit than right back in. I also got some green leafy hay in their area and most calves are chewing cuds at about 1 week of age.

i saw this pic and this is what i imagined by the look on its face!

got_milk2.JPG

That's good! 8)

The calf cave was a popular hangout yesterday. 16 inches of new snow and blizzard conditions,

p10100312.jpg

p10100432.jpg

p10100423.jpg

cowboyup216":1dkxh26u said:
Those are some pampered calves. I bet my calves would be envious if they saw your calves doing that. Im inhumane. I let them live outside.

Yeah but, I don't believe you folks have ever seen the type of weather we've had the last month. :shock:

cowboyup216":1oh7b9rd said:
Those are some pampered calves. I bet my calves would be envious if they saw your calves doing that. Im inhumane. I let them live outside.

When is the last time you had -30 (or worse) temps?

What height is the bottom of the board?
Ever have any cows get there head or shoulders under and cause havoc?

RGV

RGV. The bottom plank is about 30 inches. I haven't had cows get in there. Sometimes a Fall calf learns to get in. If they bother I wean and separate. Cows like to look in, check out where their calves are. Seems the mothers get used to it pretty fast.

Latest posts