They're back

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
bizcard.jpg

NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!
In the meantime, give Gary or Richard a call. We'd love to hear from you.

Funny how some of the "older" breeders have complete dispersals, and then come back. You know they do that to get rid of their older bloodlines, and begin with newer stuff. Happens in all of the breeds at one time or another.

In the meantime, there are two big Simmental breeders that have had deaths in the family. One is dispersing for sure, the other I haven't heard yet. It's like anything in life.. things change. I always hate to see a breeder that has been in the industry for many years, and had a positive impact, go away.

Lot 45B) - 2nd Pick Of The Entire 2009 Heifer Calf Crop from LLB Angus, Erskine, Ab. Sold to Remitall Farms Inc., Olds, Ab. For $14,000.

Black Angus Heifers
Lot 14B - $6,250 - REMINGTON BEAUTY 14U - Sire: Cudlobe Yellowstone 80M; Dam's Sire: Connealy Leadtime - Sold to: Remitall Farms at Olds, AB

I'm sure they wanted some fresh genetics, but it's also different family members wanting to go in different directions. Hopefully they'll have some Herefords up there again sometime, but it looks like they're gathering up Angus right now.

I am guessing Brian will be starting the Hereford's up sometime. I know the dispersal was a way to clean up all the joint venture they had too.

S&S Farms":1evm882f said:
I am guessing Brian will be starting the Hereford's up sometime. I know the dispersal was a way to clean up all the joint venture they had too.

He may have already started, Remitall Sleep Easy, the highest selling calf at the dispersal, is listed as being owned by Misty River Polled Herefords/Bryan Latimer. For some reason I thought he would get to use the Remitall name.