They Say

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":14vzfp08 said:
I know I'm not in Texas but is sure has been feeling like it the last 2 years.
We got .35" today off the inbound coastal winds. With a chance of 10% - 20% this week ill take it. First rain in the last 20 days

Normal rainfall here used to be 60 inches a year.

JSCATTLE":22bs0zkp said:
Not a drop here ! The flies were drinking from the water trough today when I walked by ...
Is that like "it's been so dry I saw a tree chasing a dog"?

Caustic Burno":2bm9b5xa said:
hooknline":2bm9b5xa said:
We got .35" today off the inbound coastal winds. With a chance of 10% - 20% this week ill take it. First rain in the last 20 days

I'll bet we haven't hit 25" this year so far.

Caustic Burno":1bz39h13 said:
hooknline":1bz39h13 said:

Yep--I remember those years too. Get up in the morning to a humidity so thick you could cut it, and by afternoon, the sun had sucked all that moisture up and afternoon thundershowers started pouring down--every day for weeks and weeks. Mud everywhere--deep babypooh yellow and red mud. It would dry up about the last of July but Lord help ya if you broke thru the crust on top even then------------take you 50 yards of winching to get back up on top again. I want rain, but can't say I miss those days much either.

I used to say two of the things I couldnt stand were wind, and mud. Now i just say wind.. because I would love to have some mud around.

we got an inch of rain sunday morning.an that put some water in the ground before it got cold here.