They found them alive............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
.........which is good news.......but the bad news is, may take months to get them out of the cave.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/asia/tha ... index.html

180702150818-thailand-cave-rescue-soccer-team-close-exlarge-169.jpg

180627111327-thai-soccer-teens-exlarge-169.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":2e64rtil said:
I can't imagine being lost in caves like that. I am extremely cloister phobic and just thinking about it makes me uneasy.

You trying to be funny "claustrophobic"?

Underground coal mines are bad enough, crawling around in narrow caves is not a way to have a real good time.

The coach was not to responsible in the first place taking a group of young kids in a cave. Can you imagine spending 9 days in the dark not knowing if anybody would find you with a bunch of kids with no food or nothing?

Bright Raven":1fbyximz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1fbyximz said:
I can't imagine being lost in caves like that. I am extremely cloister phobic and just thinking about it makes me uneasy.

Underground coal mines are bad enough, crawling around in narrow caves is not a way to have a real good time.

No, cloister.

TennesseeTuxedo":3tibs678 said:
Bright Raven":3tibs678 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3tibs678 said:

No, cloister.

If you have a fear of domes, etc. You must be claustrophobic also?

Bright Raven":n0xw6why said:
TennesseeTuxedo":n0xw6why said:
Bright Raven":n0xw6why said:

No, cloister.

If you have a fear of domes, etc. You must be claustrophobic also?

More than likely yes.

Bright Raven":1abtjuxn said:

I PROMISE you that if I ever get lost or trapped in a cave then you will never find me. Because if you come looking for me, then whatever chased me into said cave to begin with.... is gonna eat you when you meet it in the middle.

I ain't lost nothing in a hole in the ground. I figure we graduated from cave man status a long time ago and I see no reason to revert back. To each their own.

JMJ Farms":2l4idkxi said:
Bright Raven":2l4idkxi said:

I PROMISE you that if I ever get lost or trapped in a cave then you will never find me. Because if you come looking for me, then whatever chased me into said cave to begin with.... is gonna eat you when you meet it in the middle.

I ain't lost nothing in a hole in the ground. I figure we graduated from cave man status a long time ago and I see no reason to revert back. To each their own.

Well said. Lol

JMJ Farms":hcge3pzw said:
Bright Raven":hcge3pzw said:

Cleaning out our shallow wells made me start thiking I'm getting to old for this stuff.

True Grit Farms":qjgfy42d said:
JMJ Farms":qjgfy42d said:
Bright Raven":qjgfy42d said:

Cleaning out our shallow wells made me start thiking I'm getting to old for this stuff.

Speaking of shallow wells..... Y'all are gonna swear I'm lying and if I am it's unintentional. My grandfather swore that back in the 50s there was a guy that cleaned out shallow wells around our parts and he said that when he cleaned out my great grandparents well that he would get a "taxi" from town in the morning. Cost him 1.00 Would work all day cleaning the well and then the ride back to town would cost him another 1.00 His full day pay was 3.00 Talking about a lot for a little.

TennesseeTuxedo":c7wfzkna said:
We got more caves in our county then the whole state.. And a lot of others. We would go into some as kids, some of them you had to crawl for a spell before you could stand up and walk.. Some times just with candles,, if we were lucky and one of the well to do kids went,we had a flashlight..we dropped our candle once way back in one and it went out..inflicting panic..finally settled down and found it.and got the heck outa there.dont have the nerve for crap like that anymore myself..I think way to much now :lol2:

Here's a caving adventure that is a fairly long read, sometime when you have time to kill:
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/page1.html

When I was very young, I had read a Reader's Digest story about a man in Ky named Floyd Collins and the subsequent (unsuccessful) attempt to rescue him. It forever put me off of ever going cave exploring. I'm sure some here know more about it than this wiki entry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Collins

When I was very young, I had read a Reader's Digest story about a man in Ky named Floyd Collins and the subsequent (unsuccessful) attempt to rescue him. It forever put me off of ever going cave exploring. I'm sure some here know more about it than this wiki entry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Collins[/quote]

Good read as that story was in our local newspaper this week.

jltrent":32berchc said:
Things are going from bad to worse for the little boys. A diver died trying to get oxygen to them and the level of oxygen in the cave is getting grave.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44734385

Been following it. I also saw where Elon Musk has sent engineers to Thailand to see if they can help come up with something....

Looks like they are going to need lots bigger/more pumps, or take a chance on bringing the boys out underwater. It's going to be scary for the boys if the last option becomes reality.

Latest posts