They did it again

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
The 1-3 (some stations said 1-4) turned into 6 inches of the white crap

ALACOWMAN":gdrdm9s9 said:
its in the shoals now, be here shortly bet we get more than the 2 to 3 in. their predicting to
Ya'll just keep it all up there and off of me!

farmwriter":1myruxvd said:
ALACOWMAN":1myruxvd said:
its in the shoals now, be here shortly bet we get more than the 2 to 3 in. their predicting to
Ya'll just keep it all up there and off of me!
We're done with it. Don;t want anymore.

Our dusting at the most, ended up being a little over 3". Last dusting was over 6". With temps in the single digits it all stuck to the roads - schools out today and tomorrow and not likely to have side roads clear enough for Friday either. I hate snow just as much as twin calves!

our guys have been amazingly accurate this year.
We had about an inch last night but the roads were clear and I ran 60 coming to work this morning.
Almost exactly what they called for two days ago.

trend this year is for snow all south of us or north of us......100 mile in either direction have been dumped on.

hope summer rains don't follow same pattern. last summer near put a lot of producers out of business here. Don't know what another drought would do.

Your snowfalls are really "minimum" but - your area's are not supposed to have snow. Your road crews don't have the equipment to handle snow. Our roads are virtually clean throughout snowfalls, except for major snows - a foot or better. The road crews out here are AMAZING. When we first moved here, we woke up about 4:30 and saw flashing lights going by. Got up & it was the road crew getting the roads ready for the school bus.
Poor guys up North got hammered (Northern NY) Got several FEET last night. They missed out on most of the Dec snow, but sure making up for it now.

We can have a big snow.....and we can have cold weather but it usually does not persist for long stretches.
In my lifetime I have seen several 24 to 30 inch snows.

a foot of snow will cripple the area for a couple of days.

trouble is that they are so far apart that people forget to prepare. Lessons have to be relearned every few years.

After one of these big snows then eveything is on high alert for a couple of years and we don't have much.....

then people and the guvment let their guard and budget down and whammo....another one.

last year was our snowmageddon and so everyone has been on high alert this year and we have not had more than six inches in any one snow. Guvment has every farmer in the country geared up to push snow and no snow. farmers all thought they would make big money this year. Only called out once.

Ice storms are actually worse for us than snow. knock down trees and power lines and nothing can go on the ice.....
fortunately little snow or ice this year....

few years ago we had a valentines day ice storm that left us without power for nearly a week. I burned up a generator in that one.