They are all dead

Help Support CattleToday:

They haven't yet and I doubt they ever will unless someone fesses up. Looks like they are just out of luck and are going to have to eat their losses. Its a bad situation for everyone concerned. I'm confident Wesley didn't poison his own cows cause he truly loved them. It is a shame.

well id still hire a lawyer an go after them.an make their ins pay.thats just plain wrong.the guy did not kill his own cows.they have to prove he did to save their assets.

The mill is still liable even if they didn't intentionally do it. Feed would be a matter of strict liability/no-fault liability/absoulute liability. Definition - Liability regardless of fault. In tort law, strict liability is imposed on a manufacturer or seller that introduces into commerse a good that is unreasonably dangerous when in a defective condition.

Since traces of Temik were found in one of the previously sealed bags that the feed came from and it was also found in the feed, any good attorney should be able to win this.

FarmGirl10":1g4fcdvp said:
The mill is still liable even if they didn't intentionally do it. Feed would be a matter of strict liability/no-fault liability/absoulute liability. Definition - Liability regardless of fault. In tort law, strict liability is imposed on a manufacturer or seller that introduces into commerse a good that is unreasonably dangerous when in a defective condition.

Since traces of Temik were found in one of the previously sealed bags that the feed came from and it was also found in the feed, any good attorney should be able to win this.

I agree

Don't know anything about "tort law" but regardless most companies that produce a product have product liability insurance. Also the last thing and insurance company wants is for a case to actually go to court and be heard by a jury. They'll usually make every effort to settle out of court. Even when they feel they have a very strong case. Insurance Co's are not the most loved folks around. :lol: The feed company keeps operating, their insurance premium will probably go up a bit and insurance company usually makes the plaintiff agree to a confidentiality agreement, meaning nobody talks about it....In the meantime the feed co. need to be doing some investigating and housekeeping. Just my thoughts.

sounds like botulism. If something dead was in the feed or even if it had been something dead in the hay it could have affected the whole herd. Seems like a large number to have died to not have been related to that.