These dandies can be yours for $1.50 per pound

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey, they are "fleshy" off of "native pasture" and sired by "ai sires".......and they are attractively priced I think he might find some takers. This IS the competition people.....be afraid, be very afraid!

Y'all haven't even talked about the bad part yet...It is operations like this that are killing the bull market right now. The reason they are killing the market is that some moron, or morons, looking to save a buck (and doesn't know any better) will buy these bulls. :mad:

Until we educate commercial cattlemen that this does not save money in the long run, there will always be a significant problem selling good bulls for a profit.

TexasBred":yyqpxdnz said:
chippie":yyqpxdnz said:
But they are black!
;-)
And he does say that the price "is negotiable".

Show up with a trailer and ten Benjamins and I bet you drive off with your very own 800 lb yearling Angus bull.

northtexas":2bu4t1ys said:
Boy Howdy, you boyz wouldn't know a good deal if it fell out of the sky and hit ya in the head.

These here dandies are out of Mytty In Focus!!!! One of the BEST bulls in the Angus breed!! (Frankie where are ya? Help me out here!)

Well, here's at least the one other Angus breeder on the forum.
Comments on this bull:
• The Industry's Hottest Sire
• Big time calving ease and growth combination based on over 4,000 calves in 650 herds
• Progeny are building outstanding customer satisfaction and repeat business
Calves are wide based, square and correct with added thickness
• A bull that will add fleshing ability while ranking in the top 10% of the breed for IMF and the top 20% for uRE

MyttyInFocus.jpg

If that is "The Industry's Hottest Sire".
And if those are his progeny.
What direction is AAA finding itself headed?
Wouldn't it be a good thing if all breed associations instituted A,B,C, etc. grading tiers to their registries whereby the producers who took the time to produce high quality breed defined stock would be rewarded for their efforts, while crossing the "The Industry's Hottest Sire" with who knows what, would be discounted for their lack of effort?
I know that it's probably pollitically impossible, and not feasible, within any association to pull something like that off, but those 5 ... (I don't know what to call them) are a slap in the face of all the good things, that the AAA and its' quality producers strive for.
As they would be in any association.

But you do have to admit, they are black!

blackcowz":c31ptt30 said:
northtexas":c31ptt30 said:
Boy Howdy, you boyz wouldn't know a good deal if it fell out of the sky and hit ya in the head.

These here dandies are out of Mytty In Focus!!!! One of the BEST bulls in the Angus breed!! (Frankie where are ya? Help me out here!)

Well, here's at least the one other Angus breeder on the forum.
Comments on this bull:
• The Industry's Hottest Sire
• Big time calving ease and growth combination based on over 4,000 calves in 650 herds
• Progeny are building outstanding customer satisfaction and repeat business
Calves are wide based, square and correct with added thickness
• A bull that will add fleshing ability while ranking in the top 10% of the breed for IMF and the top 20% for uRE

MyttyInFocus.jpg

Notice what I italicized. I was joining with the fun. Personally, MIF isn't very high up on my list of best Angus bulls ever. However, when bred to decent cows, he has been known to throw some pretty high $$$ progeny. I wouldn't use him, but to each his own. Every bull throws a few poor ones, and it ain't always his fault.

Name of Class: Beef Cattle Reproduction 101.
A. Selection of Sires
1- Phenotype Specifics
a- Maternal Selection Traits and Characteristics-
1-
2- (Include in your answer as many specific particularities,
features, qualities and attributes as you deem necessary.
b- Terminal Selection Traits andCharacteristics]-
(Follow same protocol as for above Maternal features)

2- Genetic Specifics (Follow same procedures as for Phenotype)

3- Functional Traits and Characteristics-
(Follow same protocol as for Phenotype and Genotype.

B. Selection of Dams.
1- Follow the SAME protocols for the selection of Dams as for
Sires.

C. After determining the OPTIMAL and MOST DESIRABLE
Characteristics by following the above schedules, determine
mating choices and

BREED THE BEST TO THE BEST!

This is a roundabout way to describe the FACT that is takes TWO individuals to produce optimal progeny! Mytty In Focus is a fine bull, but it takes TWO TO TANGO! "Single Trait Selection" is NOT the way to select breeding stock!

DOC HARRIS

Doc, I don't think we can really judge the genetics of these bulls and in truth I doubt that the best cows in the Angus breed would make much difference here. These aren't "belt buckle" Angus. They are clearly Angus that have not been pushed a whole heck of a lot. They look like they have been getting plenty of poor quality grass/hay since birth. They probably weaned off the cow in the high 400s and have put on another 300 lbs since then. They are gaining less than 2 lbs per day by my math and in another six months they will be pushing 1200 lbs and they will likely be permanently stunted a frame score or two. If you bought one he likely won't fall apart on you. Of course it might be 8 or 9 months before he is big enough to breed a cow too. It looks to me like nutrition is their biggest issue (with energy being the limiting nutrient).

I disagree completely with what has been said about these bulls. If you pushed them with corn and made them hog fat like apparently most of you think bulls must be raised and then took a picture of them. You would all be gushing over them. Genetics are genetics. The difference is that bulls that have been raised slowly on forages usually last longer and have less fertility problems. This is probably a good deal for both parties, the buyer and the seller. The seller doesn't have $4.00+ corn in them and the buyer isn't buying a fat toad.

Further proof that the American Angus Association should send out POCKET KNIVES and CASTRATION INSTRUCTIONS as Christmas cards to its members...Just because its born a bull doesn't mean it has to grow up as a bull.

If you warm climate folks want a bull better suited to your climate and your cattle here you are.
He's for sale :D :cowboy: You can find him advertised on the same site. $1200 to the first customer. :banana:

802%27.jpg

Are we going to be giving odds that he sells these bulls for close to his asking price? ;-)

Latest posts