Their are Hogs then there are HOGS

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":21ov0xvs said:
The only positive thing I have found about feral hogs at least they are not born pregnant.

No truer words have ever been spoken. I'm lucky they aren't (yet) in Southern Oregon. But it's only time.

There is a slaughter house in Westphalia that buys them but not sure what they are doing with the meat. I know a few big game ranches buy boars and cut them then release them people pay to shoot them. I know a guy who is trapping them has a deal with a big cat rescue. They feed them and make sure they are clean and then piggy becomes cat food. I been wondering why a canned dog food producer is not all over this talk about cheap meat for for dog food.

wacocowboy":28el8ji4 said:
There is a slaughter house in Westphalia that buys them but not sure what they are doing with the meat. I know a few big game ranches buy boars and cut them then release them people pay to shoot them. I know a guy who is trapping them has a deal with a big cat rescue. They feed them and make sure they are clean and then piggy becomes cat food. I been wondering why a canned dog food producer is not all over this talk about cheap meat for for dog food.
I have same thoughts about feral hogs being dog foods. They're healthier than beef and chicken.

Muddy":2aypah22 said:
wacocowboy":2aypah22 said:

I have same thoughts about feral hogs being dog foods. They're healthier than beef and chicken.

Too much red tape on wild hogs. You couldn't give wild hog meat to a starving person if you wanted to.

Go figure that they won't use feral hogs, but gladly take in condemned and rejected meats from slaughterhouses as dog food.

Brute 23":2u614enn said:
Muddy":2u614enn said:
wacocowboy":2u614enn said:

Too much red tape on wild hogs. You couldn't give wild hog meat to a starving person if you wanted to.
May be healthier, but once a large viable market is established for them, they will become more and more regulated. Next thing ya know, some do-gooder down the timeline will declare them an endangered species. They need to be hunted to extinction, but someday someone's liable to say "Why I can remember when these woods were full of hogs for the taking, back before the dog food companies took them all". Sounds dumb, but that's the way things work in our crazy world.

Latest posts