The Wives' Cars

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
We talk a lot about the trucks and tractors, but what about the family car? Ours is a '98 Mercury Grand Marquis with about 123,000 miles on it. It's loaded with all but one or two conceivableoptions, and we purchased it at 3 or 4 years old with 54,000 miles for $14K, new price $27K.

We average about 20-23 mpg, average 25-28 on highway. Took a 2K round trip vacation, averaged 26.7. Car is white with blue leather. 4.6 V8 will really run. 16 inch tires lasted well, but expensive to replace!
Great ride!

The funny thing is, when we lived in town, at one point a supercab longbed F250 with a 460 V8 was OUR family vehicle! I could sure use the power now, but I wouldn't want to buy the gas for it.

Wifes car is red, has 4 doors and either a Mercury or Ford. 100k plus miles, the only reason I know that is because she commented the other that her car had more miles on it then my truck.

dun

My old girl drives a Dodge Ram 1500, quad cab, long box, 4X4.

At 5 foot 1 - it was funny to watch her hike up a skirt to climb in behind the wheel. Thats why I had to put running boards on it.

Even after 26 years she has mighty fine legs!

:lol:

Bez

Daily vehicle is a 99 ford exployer two door. My love is my 91 ford F-250 with extended cab. Bought it new. That truck and I have shared a lot of miles and never left me stranded. It cracked a piston four years ago. I had a new motor dropped in, and she's as good as new. I am mighty attached to that truck. It gets the good gas ;-)

greenwillowherefords":x7osy1q3 said:
We talk a lot about the trucks and tractors, but what about the family car? Ours is a '98 Mercury Grand Marquis with about 123,000 miles on it. It's loaded with all but one or two conceivableoptions, and we purchased it at 3 or 4 years old with 54,000 miles for $14K, new price $27K.

We average about 20-23 mpg, average 25-28 on highway. Took a 2K round trip vacation, averaged 26.7. Car is white with blue leather. 4.6 V8 will really run. 16 inch tires lasted well, but expensive to replace!
Great ride!

I'm the wife around here and the Mom too. I drive a 2000 F250 4x4 pick up. 6 seats, fun to drive and tons of room in the bed for whatever I need.

sloopy72":1fr8ghis said:
I'm the wife around here and the Mom too. I drive a 2000 F250 4x4 pick up. 6 seats, fun to drive and tons of room in the bed for whatever I need.

I am also the wife at this joint. My "car" is the '92 F350 crew cab dually, diesel. The old girl has over 220,000 original miles. And still looks pretty good!! If I'm not hooked to the trailer, there is fencing supplies or feed in the bed. Can't beat the old broke in ford bucket seats for a sunday drive!! Not too many sunday drives here lately tho...$223.gal of fuel.

certherfbeef":1pscbw7y said:
sloopy72":1pscbw7y said:

I am also the wife at this joint. My "car" is the '92 F350 crew cab dually, diesel. The old girl has over 220,000 original miles. And still looks pretty good!! If I'm not hooked to the trailer, there is fencing supplies or feed in the bed. Can't beat the old broke in ford bucket seats for a sunday drive!! Not too many sunday drives here lately tho...$223.gal of fuel.

HolyCow!!!!!!!!! 223? I thought 190 something was bad here!
We can all dream of a day when they make a heavy duty truck that runs on cow manure! he hee!

SAw gas for 1.80 a gallon yesterday. It was like Christmas for a grown up. So sad.

We pick whichever is the cleanest at the time.... either the F-350 dually, with a ton of cattle supplies in the back at all times, or the 94 jeep grand cherokee, which often looks better on the outside, since I use it to haul small calves in the back. All have the appropriate amount of corn stalks or weeds dragging underneath, dents and dings, etc. and smell like cow poop with a christmas tree air freshner that's not quite keeping up with it.

Dee":1niaqv7q said:
We pick whichever is the cleanest at the time.... either the F-350 dually, with a ton of cattle supplies in the back at all times, or the 94 jeep grand cherokee, which often looks better on the outside, since I use it to haul small calves in the back. All have the appropriate amount of corn stalks or weeds dragging underneath, dents and dings, etc. and smell like cow poop with a christmas tree air freshner that's not quite keeping up with it.

:lol: :lol: I had to laugh with your response. I can totally relate to the Christmas tree freshener that doesn't quite keep up.

Gas up here is 83.9 cents per liter. After all the conversions and currency corrections that means we are paying US $2.53 per US gallon.

I used to drive my 1990 Chev 3/4 ton ext cab to work. I finally bought a 2004 Hyundai Elantra. What I save on gas more than pays for the fuel and insurance on it. My wife drives a 1995 Dodge Stratus and I still have my truck for days when I go out to job sites. There is just something wrong with showing up on a construction driving a little car.

No.1 drives a small Chevy P/U, I have tried to get it to the working side of the farm gate on several occasions, but no go! It's our
'datenite' and church going vehicle, and only smells of dog, vs. manure, and other assorted little fragrances that permeate my old work trucks, many of which I can no longer identify.
We also raise and process trout, NOW THAT TRUCK STINKS!

Our family car is 1995 bonneville still gets 32 miles to the gallon make
them trips to Michigan a lot nicer

Life is short fly fast

my wife drives a 2003 Isuzu rodeo SUV type of vehicle 33 k miles gets about 20 mpg and our gas costs about $1.70-$1.80 per gal.. I drive a 2003 F350 regular cab 4x4 both bought new mine has 30k miles

like everyone else it all depends on the day here. i'm a mom and a daughter. when i can get my car outta the drive way i drive a '99 mustang. otherwise i drive an '85 f250 6.9L diesel or a '95 f350 7.3L diesel. just depends on the weather. my mom drives a 2000 buik lesabre with leather seats. that one doesn't get dirty too often let me tell you. also have a 2001 kia sephia which my sis did drive to school and such. but she lost her license so that'll save a little gas. and my parents have a '94 1500 chevy gas job. we look like a used car lot most times when everything is parked in front of the house.

Latest posts