The White Cow(for all you shortie lovers)

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
This is the white shorthorn cow that was refered to in an earlier post on this forum. She is a slightly inbred commercial shorthorn cow age around 6 or 7 that belongs to my partner. She is pictured here with this years steer calf out of a registered RA bull.

IMG00063-20090818-1624_edited.jpg

Here is a 3yr old dtr of hers out of a Blk GV bull.

IMG00066-20090818-1629_edited.jpg

aussie_cowgirl":1g9k63kv said:
Good deep girls. Judging by this calf and the red one you posted in the other thread she must be pretty consistent.

Yes, too bad she isn't registered. Her and a couple of others in that herd are really good cows.

Is she full shorthorn. i.e. no maine anjou or clubbies in the woodpile? I have been trying to find some shorthorn bulls for a feller with no maine influence for some time but the quality has been hard to come by. Registered or not makes no difference, just no maine or chi influence.

capt":2npgq6ry said:
Is she full shorthorn. i.e. no maine anjou or clubbies in the woodpile? I have been trying to find some shorthorn bulls for a feller with no maine influence for some time but the quality has been hard to come by. Registered or not makes no difference, just no maine or chi influence.

I guarantee there is no Chi or Maine in her. That herd was essentially closed for many years.

Myt buddy is considering AI'ing some of his old straight shorthorn cows next year so that he doesn't lose this blood completely. He is doing that for replacement heifers. He might be persuaded to leave some bull calves intact for your friend, if he would take them at weaning.

I am trying to get him to use Muridale Buster or his Red son

turning grass into beef":3665uudk said:
She is a great looking cow. If she is 7 years old and has weaned 6 calves like the one posted then she IS a great cow.

She has weaned 2 heifers and two bull calves since I have known her. Her first two calves died shortly after birth. They were sired by her 1/2 brother and were not right. When she was outcrossed she really lit up the scoreboard.

3waycross":1zocbcyg said:
turning grass into beef":1zocbcyg said:
She is a great looking cow. If she is 7 years old and has weaned 6 calves like the one posted then she IS a great cow.

She has weaned 2 heifers and two bull calves since I have known her. Her first two calves died shortly after birth. They were sired by her 1/2 brother and were not right. When she was outcrossed she really lit up the scoreboard.
Don't know much about the breed, and just a little more than that about cattle, but they look GOOD to me !!! :tiphat:

Latest posts