The "What I Did For Easter" thread ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
We had a quiet, but really really enjoyable day. I guess our family is pretty laid back about gatherings.
Our close family came out to our house today for lunch, we all brought our own lunch but shared it around, and we had a few nibblies prepared. Basically we just sat around and talked, played with the kids (I have SIX nephews all under 10 yrs) outside, the kids fed the goats (did you know goats eat marshmallows?? lol), etc. There were chocolate and presents for the kids, but we dont like to go overboard so we dont get each other (the adults) pressies and chocolates, but mum got something small for me and my brother who still live at home.

I got to meet my newest nephew today, only 3 wks old, hadnt met him yet because he stayed in hospital several hours away for quite a while because he was so prem. He still hasnt reached his due date yet. He slept in my arms most of the day
icon_lovesmiley.gif
, now my sister isnt too impressed cos he wont sleep in the bassinet tonight, but I said thats what aunties are for, spoiling the kids!

Funny story for you: One of my nephews wanted a pistachio nut, and he came out calling "Mum, mum, I cant find my nuts, where are my nuts?" at which point my sister cracked up laughing and pointed down, he stood there a few minutes then realised what he'd said and just about wet himself laughing. He's only four
icon_roflmbo.gif

How did everyone else enjoy easter?

I caught the Easter Bunny , got him all skinned out and it the skillet frying him real slow, He'll be good with some gravy and mashed potatoes an hot biscuits. :lol: :lol:

well the two older kids and I are awing over our new Easter lambs, that they bought yesterday.
The hubbie is watching golf and the two younger kids are all going through their baskets for the thousand time today.
We will venture out into the yard later today and the older kids are going to wash and blow dry their cattle, while hubbie and I work on the cooler barn.

curtis":rk5pvx5m said:
I caught the Easter Bunny , got him all skinned out and it the skillet frying him real slow, He'll be good with some gravy and mashed potatoes an hot biscuits. :lol: :lol:

That is just wrong on so many levels..Are you related to Dun.. :( :???:

We had our dinner last night. Tenderloin ,prawns, baked potato, fresh green beans and sauteed mushrooms and of course wonderful wine. We tried a South African red wine, a 2006 Pinotage from Nederburgh . It was very good ,very rich palate..

Today hubby is hauling over my 2nd cut hay so I can feed it and I will be searching 4 miles of electric fence to find out what is making it spark at every gate..Woo Hoo...But the sun is shining and it is already +16 Celsius..I think spring may have finally sprung but I won't get too used to it as we always get the inevitable snow storm and -20 weather before summer...

I had ham,greens,sweet potatos and cornbread,with cherry pie for dessert...then went for a chairride on the riverwalk..took sunflower seed for the critters..saw some coots,a "snake bird",some ducks,one of which was a Teal..lots of turtles sunning themselvs on logs...cottonwood trees rattleing in the breeze..butterflys..honeysuckle to smell,poison ivy to stay away from..
Sounds like you had a good time...

spent the day with mom and step dad and my puppy. ate some chocolate bunnies[mmm yumm] and had porkchops for lunch. then cleaned the rest of my room lol. and we watched madagascar 2... twice. i love that movie.

Easter bunny must of got stuck before he got to my house that could be the only reason I didn't get any goodies because we all know I have been good this yr

My Day has consisted of cooking breakfast for the BL and feeding cows then back to the house and took it easy watched a lil TV and took a power nap in the chair now it is almost time to go feed the cows again
got the calves in the corral and the cows in a 10 acre lot so feeding hay 2 times a day keeps the waste down but can be a hassle
didn't go to church this morning BL wasn't feeling good so she has snored on the couch all day :lol:

Happy Easter everyone

Angus Cowman":v1twludw said:
Easter bunny must of got stuck before he got to my house that could be the only reason I didn't get any goodies because we all know I have been good this yr
Happy Easter everyone

Right ,,, :nod: that MUST be it.... :roll: :p

Haven't you heard ? Dun and Curtis ate the Easter Bunny,,despite Angie's heads up to EB... I fear the worst ,as he didn't show up here either..:( :?

hillsdown":15553vba said:
Angus Cowman":15553vba said:
Happy Easter everyone

Right ,,, :nod: that MUST be it.... :roll: :p

Haven't you heard ? Dun and Curtis ate the Easter Bunny,,despite Angie's heads up to EB... I fear the worst ,as he didn't show up here either..:( :?
Angrie probably sent EB to Dun's house just to get shot just so he wouldn't bring me anything
I don't think she likes me very much :cry2:

Angus Cowman":1uswfyuo said:
Angrie probably sent EB to Dun's house just to get shot just so he wouldn't bring me anything
I don't think she likes me very much :cry2:

I don't think so because EB told Angie that he is scared of the flying monkeys around Duns place and will not go there..Dun and Curtis must have set up a decoy of Easter cream eggs and tricked poor EB.. :cry2:

AC keep calling her Angrie and you wonder why she doesn't like ya... :lol2:

Tell BL that I hope she feels better..

hillsdown":21e8kgwx said:
curtis":21e8kgwx said:

That is just wrong on so many levels..Are you related to Dun.. :( :???:

We had our dinner last night. Tenderloin ,prawns, baked potato, fresh green beans and sauteed mushrooms and of course wonderful wine. We tried a South African red wine, a 2006 Pinotage from Nederburgh . It was very good ,very rich palate..

Today hubby is hauling over my 2nd cut hay so I can feed it and I will be searching 4 miles of electric fence to find out what is making it spark at every gate..Woo Hoo...But the sun is shining and it is already +16 Celsius..I think spring may have finally sprung but I won't get too used to it as we always get the inevitable snow storm and -20 weather before summer...
It's rough here in eastern Arkansas

Well I have spent the day on a liquid diet watching everyone else enjoy ham,beef tenderloin, Sweet corn medley, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy and peach pie ala mode. Being the astute and cooperative person I am when I scheduled the "procedure" for 11:15 AM , six weeks ago, on Monday April 13th I forgot that Easter was on April 12th. Which wasn't too bad, I figured 23 hours ahead of time without solid food I could still eat Easter dinner and squeak by. But on Friday the Clinic called my wife and asked if I would move the "procedure" ahead three hours and she immediately thought that she would hasten my wait and take this opportunity. Not a bad idea until we realized that I would just have to watch everyone else enjoy Easter dinner. So I only have 16 hours to go and I can eat again. But jello and broth are getting me by so far. The high point is that our son and his fiancee were able to be with us this weekend which is always a welcome change of pace for my DW and I. I hope everyone else has had a wonderful and blessed day. Happy Easter 2009. JLP

After church today my in laws, mother, two of my daughters, their husband and soon to be husband and assorted grandchildren came over for dinner. We had ham, chicken and dumplings, fried apples, corn on the cob, green beans and LOTS of eggs in any way you could possibly want them. We had carrot cake for desert. My 3 yo grandson said the blessing for the food! Afterwards we hid around 10 dozen plastic eggs for the kids to hunt then played some corn hole and watched all the kids run and play in the yard. Blue sky , bright sun and around 65 degrees made it an absolutely beautiful day to spend with the family. Hope everyone else had a great Easter as well.

spoon":241lzr5g said:
After church today my in laws, mother, two of my daughters, their husband and soon to be husband and assorted grandchildren came over for dinner. We had ham, chicken and dumplings, fried apples, corn on the cob, green beans and LOTS of eggs in any way you could possibly want them. We had carrot cake for desert. My 3 yo grandson said the blessing for the food! Afterwards we hid around 10 dozen plastic eggs for the kids to hunt then played some corn hole and watched all the kids run and play in the yard. Blue sky , bright sun and around 65 degrees made it an absolutely beautiful day to spend with the family. Hope everyone else had a great Easter as well.

What's fried apples? How do you cook them?

We had a good Easter too. My wife and B outdid themselves. We had ham, sadandy peas, potato casserole, green beans, rolls, cheese cake, toasted cocunut cake and homemade peanut butter eggs dipped in chocolate. All was great but the eggs - they were super delicious.

Well... I missed Easter lunch with the family. :( I was instead pulling a backwards 100+ pound calf, the second backward 100+ pound calf out of the cow, so she's gone. I had to eat left overs.

We visited Dad at the nursing home. Was going to take him to see Mom's grave but it was too sloppy out and a little cool at that hour, so we took Dad to lunch at a local restaurant and he ate until I thought he'd burst. Then we took him for a drive around the countryside. Got back, took a nap, sold Dad's minivan. It turned out to be a nice day.

Daughter and SIL and grandkids were at our house for Easter. We all got up early and went to 9 AM Mass then on to my wife's parent's house for a big lunch with the rest of the family. Had the usual Easter egg hunt, lots of good groceries and then a late afternoon of heartburn and misery. :D But all was good.

Well, since my mom and sister have forgotten how to entertain on Easter, I was cooking Ham at 4 a.m. Hiding eggs, etc. It was a real nice day...we played "Battle of the Sexes" board game while kids played in the basement. My old dog who used to steal the "real" eggs passed away a couple years ago so we always remember her at this time of year...Anyway, Later that night went down to my aunts house to see my grandfather...always try to see him every chance we get as he's 91.

For whoever asked.......you can buy Fried Apples (Luck's brand in yellow can near applesauce) or you can make them by peeling/slicing apples and FRYING them in butter, sugar, cinnamon. They're really good..I usually toss in some red hots. Everyone here likes them.

I missed our easter party two weeks in a row. I missed last weeks extended family party - didn't miss out on anything there. :lol: Then missed our regular one yesterday. I had to go into work, but I did get to feed the easter bunnies babies. Curtis better not shoot its babies or there will be no easter next year. :frowns:

we went to church sun morning.then came home an mom finished up easter supper.my neice an her so called bf came to eat as well my bro.but he was the last 1 to eat because he went an checked the cows.an found a new easter baby.an then he messed with the old down cow.every1 finally left at 8 or so.

Latest posts