The "What I Did For Easter" thread ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Wisteria Farms":2822o9kn said:
For whoever asked.......you can buy Fried Apples (Luck's brand in yellow can near applesauce) or you can make them by peeling/slicing apples and FRYING them in butter, sugar, cinnamon. They're really good..I usually toss in some red hots. Everyone here likes them.
OK, apple pie without the crust. :) To us southerners, frying usually involves and eggwash, rolling in flour or cornmeal and grease. :lol:

We went to church and then went out to eat at O'Charley's Resturant. I had a prime rib omellete with mushrooms, cheese and brocolli mixed in along with some buttered texas toast and jelly. Went home and sat out by our snapping turtle infested 4 acre lake with my heavy barrel .22 and removed a few big snappers cause it was a warm sunny day. Called our turtle eating friend to come and pick them up. Played with Little HOSS and his new puppy out in the grass until nearly dark. Checked the cows, fed the nurse cow, groomed the horses and came in for the wife's fresh baked cookies. Watched a little TV (NCIS Marathon...I love that show) and fell asleep to the serenade of a whining puppy kenneled up in the garage.

hillsdown":16lhns4v said:
Angus Cowman":16lhns4v said:
Easter bunny must of got stuck before he got to my house that could be the only reason I didn't get any goodies because we all know I have been good this yr
Happy Easter everyone

Right ,,, :nod: that MUST be it.... :roll: :p

Haven't you heard ? Dun and Curtis ate the Easter Bunny,,despite Angie's heads up to EB... I fear the worst ,as he didn't show up here either..:( :?

it's a good thing we have the Easter Bilby down here to pick up the slack for the Bunny then.

Had a nice quiet day at home with Mum, played with the horses a bit, then jumped on a plane back to Sydney. Just another day really :D (except I did get a few choccies... which are still sitting there looking at me)

Jogeephus":19gkfb47 said:
What's fried apples? How do you cook them?

Even though I think you're funning me Jogeephus I'll tell you what I know about it. You take sliced apples put them in a frying pan with a big glob of butter, add some sugar, brown sugar, cinamon, and nutmeg. Just cook them slow and stir occasionally until hot and soft but not to long or they will start to fall apart. Most people around here use Granny Smiths for cooking but we have a tree that came up by itself over in the side yard by the woodpile that has the best cooking apples you could want. They aren't worth a hoot to eat fresh though. Too tart(sour).

Spent the am with family, got covered head to toe with cow s**t and fixed fence. Pretty good day all in all.

Latest posts