The weather.

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefmasterB":20oplegt said:
1982vett":20oplegt said:
BeefmasterB":20oplegt said:
From what I can see, you should be getting wet right about now!! Quick, bottle it!!!
Radar is lying. Got the clouds but no rain. :mad:

I got Wundermap up and can actually see you outside talkin to Bessie. Is that a beer in your hand? Now, if you look NW that blob is gonna get over you and it's showing red.

Yes, there's some splits but there are some big blobs that should hit some dry land for sure!! Even my little strip might get get a sip! :banana:
:lol: Glad you are optimistic and not pessimistic. We are finally getting some showers. Enough to stop hay baling if we had some to bale but not enough to grow anything as of yet.

Trouble with that red blob you are watching ( if it is the same I'm looking at) is it is to far north. Trajectory will take it just north of us if it were to hold together long enough to get here. Maybe if someone close by is lucky (no way am I going to ask my luck to do the job) the bottom tip of it will explode as it gets closer.

Get this, the temp has dropped to 72.
He Jogee, what is it over their in Georgia today? :p

BMB, it ended up tracking east instead of northeast so you were on the money. Ended up with 4/10ths. Better than nothing but still not a guarantee cutting of hay. It will probably mean another weeks worth of grazing. Might have about two weeks worth stockpiled about now.

I think I figured out why the weather is so messed up... I don't think I could follow a map like this or figure out what to do either. :???:
Surface_Map_Jumble.jpg

Someone has got to be nuts drawing a map like this. Count them, 14 Highs and 12 Lows over 48 states.

1982vett":2z7liw8u said:
I think I figured out why the weather is so messed up... I don't think I could follow a map like this or figure out what to do either. :???:
Surface_Map_Jumble.jpg

Someone has got to be nuts drawing a map like this. Count them, 14 Highs and 12 Lows over 48 states.

Like Grannysoo pointed out in another post, it is relatively safe to cut hay when we have a high pressure system as it keeps the moist air out. In theory. But if you look at the area just north of Florida you will see this isn't the case. Put a bunch of hay on the ground Sunday and we were in a high with only a 20% chance of rain predicted for 5 days. Couldn't ask for better weather conditions. Today they jumped the chance to 40%, 70% & 70%. WTF :shock: Maybe I was just looking at the wrong letters.

Last year we were just parched and an older fellow at church said he had recently read the verse in the Bible that states the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike and the old guy said surely we live close to one or the other of 'em. :lol2:

Jogeephus":1sqiel9d said:
1982vett":1sqiel9d said:
Surface_Map_Jumble.jpg

Like Grannysoo pointed out in another post, it is relatively safe to cut hay when we have a high pressure system as it keeps the moist air out. In theory. But if you look at the area just north of Florida you will see this isn't the case. Put a bunch of hay on the ground Sunday and we were in a high with only a 20% chance of rain predicted for 5 days. Couldn't ask for better weather conditions. Today they jumped the chance to 40%, 70% & 70%. WTF :shock: Maybe I was just looking at the wrong letters.
That is my learning too. Evidently that is another "change" as the map shows it is raining under more than several of those Highs. Funny that it is raining in front of and behind that dry line. :lol2: Wonder what makes it so dry? :roll:

We were under tornado warning last night as well as heavy hail. Thank goodness it missed us (for now). Th Oat field is awesome ,5 feet tall in places :banana: ..The rain came so fast and hard from the west that it ran right through my double french doors in the kitchen. I will take the rain for sure though.

I believe we are on toaster oven mode today. It feels HOT but is only 93. :secret: Maybe, just maybe.... has that pop-up shower feeling to it. :secret:

1982vett":e21d3v7k said:
I believe we are on toaster oven mode today. It feels HOT but is only 93. :secret: Maybe, just maybe.... has that pop-up shower feeling to it. :secret:

What :shock: feels hot that is HOT~!!

Here is a pic of the sky last night. Maybe you will get some of the moisture but not the crap that was in it, it is heading southeast.

IMG_1734.jpg

hillsdown":tv1kyoha said:
1982vett":tv1kyoha said:

What :shock: feels hot that is HOT~!!

Here is a pic of the sky last night. Maybe you will get some of the moisture but not the crap that was in it, it is heading southeast.

IMG_1734.jpg
:lol: Well, you know that wind I've been gripping about for two years, will it is taking a day off. Ground is dry again and the heat seems to be reflecting off of it. Humidity isn't all that high, just 37% now. But HOT would be 103 with now wind and 40% humidity. Stifling hot would be 100 degree temps and 80% humidity. It is what we get after the little showers run thru and the sun pops back out.

Those clouds look so cool and inviting. Haven't had any that organized roll thru in a long time. Ours is mostly small stuff that blows up over or near us. I'll be glad when they start rock and rolling thru again. :nod:

1982vett":26i0ito4 said:
Looks like you got a nice rain Peg. We are ending up dry.

Looks like it just missed you by about 15 miles. It slid right by my little place too.

We got .90 of an inch!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: It's gonna be a steambath out there today!
That's ok--We got another chance today :banana: Hopehopehope. :welcome: rain,glad you're back.Stay awhile :nod:

Yep,gonna stay in and read----Kinda afraid to drive the truck anywhere,fell asleep with turnips on the stove,the whole house reeks of scorched turnip! Whoooo!

Congratulations to those who got their pastures wet.

We received nothing this week but we did really good two weeks back.

I wish a good rain on everyone.

Latest posts