The weather.

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
This morning we had 60 mph winds. Torrential rain. Thunder and lightening. Flash flood warnings.

:D Hit jist don git no bettern' dis.

backhoeboogie":3akluvzq said:
This morning we had 60 mph winds. Torrential rain. Thunder and lightening. Flash flood warnings.

:D Hit jist don git no bettern' dis.

About as close as I got to that was seeing it on the radar screen. Bet it was nice.

It was awesome. We've been missed and missed. Places in Glen Rose received upwards of 2 inches last week and the farm only received a trace. DFW received rain and I picked up a little at the house too. Just no rain where I needed it. Then Monday night it rained an inch and a tenth. Yesterday it formed over the pastures and just sat there giving me another rain just over an inch.

Then today again it rains.

Maybe I'll catch up with some other areas now :D

WOOHOOOO!! It's still spliting and going around us :cry2: :mad: You enjoy it and send reports

since sun nite weve had close to 5.5 inches of rain.an they say we could get rain for 7 to 10 more days.

peg4x4":29badkkg said:
WOOHOOOO!! It's still spliting and going around us :cry2: :mad: You enjoy it and send reports

Same thing happens to us, Peg. Clouds get to the top of the county and split. Some of that heavy stuff we had last week split around us and REFORMED on the other side. We must be havin' some really bad Juju from something.

lavacarancher":p9bhuxga said:
peg4x4":p9bhuxga said:

Same thing happens to us, Peg. Clouds get to the top of the county and split. Some of that heavy stuff we had last week split around us and REFORMED on the other side. We must be havin' some really bad Juju from something.

That is exactly what we had experienced. Rain to the north and rain to the south. Then rain to the east and rain to the west. Nothing on the hay. Good rains at the house but none at the pastures. This week the juju left it seems.

Nothing here for us either, but I know there are places around us that have gotten some in the past few days. I thought for sure we'd get it some this evening, but so far it's gone around us too.

Hopefully everyone will get some in the next few days. In the meantime, have y'all been listening to the weather they've been having in Seattle? In the 100's.. hotter than it's ever been there. Guess they aren't tough like us Texans.. :cboy:

Got hit this weekend by a pretty nasty storm. We only got .85" of rain. There were places south of us get over 3" of rain. A lot of lighting in that storm. No hail thankfully.

We had a good little rain Monday night and I sure did think it would do it again on Tuesday and again on Wednesday but no dice. It did stay nice and cloudy most of the day, which was good for the temps. It's held here in the eighties and mid mid nineties here for a while now.

Did get another rain here this morning. High winds behind the storm out of the north. Opened the windows. It's gotten nice and green again. Hope it lasts and we have a wet fall. Grass needs mowng. If they didn't do so much damage to everything else, I'd turn the donks loose on it. I still have a little bit of garden left, though and I know they would head straight for the melons.

There's some more on the other side of Austin--looks like it's trying to split-What did they build over there that causes that effect? :mad: :devil2:

Yep,radar is off by 5-10 miles..See that split? That's what'll come over me :frowns: Got out and watered plants and the pecan tree in the courtyard-don't want that to die and fall on me!

1982vett":2jzpbszt said:
BeefmasterB":2jzpbszt said:
1982vett":2jzpbszt said:
It's all those cars and truck on 35. :p

From what I can see, you should be getting wet right about now!! Quick, bottle it!!!
Radar is lying. Got the clouds but no rain. :mad:

I got Wundermap up and can actually see you outside talkin to Bessie. Is that a beer in your hand? Now, if you look NW that blob is gonna get over you and it's showing red. And there's another red blob near Juncion that you might get a taste of. Better get your rain gear.

Yes, there's some splits but there are some big blobs that should hit some dry land for sure!! Even my little strip might get get a sip! :banana:

Latest posts