The way I see it...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
alisonb said:
slick4591 said:
This heavy handed moderating is just one symptom of a bigger problem.
Yes Slick, a bigger problem called The Posse, that went out of their way to cause discord. Think for yourself, one of them admitted to being banned 15 times. That was just one of them, what of the others...

In all fairness they only made a few post, most of the time they got banned him before they could even stir up more discord. It became a game and still is. Most of the so called posse considered the rat a friend, I still do.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Nah, that guy is the worst.

Sure starting to look that way, but I give everyone the benefit of doubt. Freedom of speech is priceless, even if I don't agree with what's being said.

I liked the world better when men could settle disagreements with fists and/or beers. Things always sorted themselves out quickly and stayed settled. Had more than one throw down in the trades at lunch, and shared a couple beers after work the same day. Still pretty close with a couple of those guys, because, well, it's simple...the air is clear. Everyone understands where a man stands.

bball...I had to like your post, not that I'm in agreement with settling arguments with fists but because my imagination ran away with me :lol:

alisonb said:
bball...I had to like your post, not that I'm in agreement with settling arguments with fists but because my imagination ran away with me :lol:

Well, im a peaceful person. But i learned early in life that not everyone is. I would always offer to buy a beer first and create the opportunity to have a civilized discussion. Too often, my beer offer was rejected, usually in quite colorful language, and the brawl was on. Ironically, we almost always ended up having a beer anyway. Simpler times I suppose...

alisonb said:
slick4591 said:
This heavy handed moderating is just one symptom of a bigger problem.
Yes Slick, a bigger problem called The Posse, that went out of their way to cause discord. Think for yourself, one of them admitted to being banned 15 times. That was just one of them, what of the others...

You, CB and yall's 'posse'.
A hold over term from the old days of CT I suppose.
Lots of folks have gone out of their way to cause discord..it's usually called stirrin the pot, and more than one person here has admitted to doing it, but none ever got accused of orchestrating it on an organized level.
I find that humorous as heck and a grasping at straws scenario.

And what of 'the others'?
Here's some folks admitting they do it.

I'm so far out of the loop, I'm not even sure what's being talked about.

Alison is right, there was a group on this forum that tried to sow discord for their own benefit.
But it was because this group did not like that a overwhelming majority of users on this forum were Conservative, or Christian.
So said group went about making enough of the users mad that they either said something, and got banned, or just flat out left.
Now that group is at the top, and pretty much runs the place.
If a thread isn't focused on them, they turn it so it is.
If they don't like what is being said, or they seem to be losing the fight. They report it, or try their best to get the thread locked.

If you don't like what this forum has become, or that a group of users decided to leave?
Well then you can blame Ron the Rat King, and his plague army.

If I get banned for saying this, then it just proves how much this forum has degraded, and I guess this is good bye.

GB it occurred as Alison described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts