The War is on

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Seen the first white wing tipped buzzards here today. A cow had calved and everything was fine so they must have been after the afterbirth. Wind that was blowing 35 MPH saved them today but tomorrow I will be waiting.

kenny thomas":7gctor58 said:
Seen the first white wing tipped buzzards here today. A cow had calved and everything was fine so they must have been after the afterbirth. Wind that was blowing 35 MPH saved them today but tomorrow I will be waiting.
Try to get all of them before they come any further west. Good luck.

I had some after a heifer yesterday at the house. She was laying in the sun and about 20 of them were around her. I noticed they would walk up and bite her .. I " chased" them off.

The population of the black vulture is increasing dramatically here. I am concerned that they are going to over-run the turkey vulture and replace them. When I see a deer carcass on the side of the highway, there are now 2 to 1 black vultures to turkey vultures. Ten years ago they were sparsely populated. Two years ago they were more like 1 to 1. Not a good situation for cattle producers.

Latest posts