The View from My Front Step

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here is the view from our front step today. This started up last night and is still going strong. And it is cold, cold, cold outside. -24*C (-10 to -15 F??). The cows haven't come out of the yard today to eat. They will be hungry tomorrow.

This first picture is what it looks like on a sunnier and nicer day. It is basically the same picture as the second one.

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

Those are some very purty pics.

I'm glad we don't get all that here.

That's something. Looks coooold. What type heat do you use? I think we would freeze to death with our heat pump.

We have a wood burning stove that supplies most of our heat. The rest is done by electric baseboard heaters. Wood is about as cheap as you can get, and it inspires us to keep our fences up ;-)

Man, that's a nice view!
Do you usually get snow before the leaves drop?
It did that here 1 year, we were blocked in for days until they got the roads opened back up then we spent months cleaning up the mess. The boy did sell some firewood out of it though.

dirtdoctor":1foj0h5g said:
Man, that's a nice view!
Do you usually get snow before the leaves drop?
It did that here 1 year, we were blocked in for days until they got the roads opened back up then we spent months cleaning up the mess. The boy did sell some firewood out of it though.

No, we don't usually have snow before the leaves drop. That pic was taken on Oct 13 of this year. The unusual part of that pic, is that the trees still had their leaves in Oct. Usually we have a hard frost by mid Sept, and the leaves are gone by Oct. This year I didn't freeze hard until into Oct.

mnmtranching":1wjsqi1o said:
Nice pics, Winter would be Ok if it weren't for snow, wind and cold.

That's a good point . I do find winter somewhat restful, at least mentally . I don't think I would like to live where the seasons didn't change .

Larry

Randi,

I can definitely tell the difference between the first pic and the others. All I can say is "Brrrr, shiver, shiver."

Alice

larryshoat":10n7ljj5 said:
I don't think I would like to live where the seasons didn't change .

Larry
I always think that in the summer, then winter comes and I wonder "What the $%^*# am I doing here??"

those are some great pics.an they are chilling me to the bone.but i love looking at them.

Latest posts