The Ventures - Walk Don't Run

Help Support CattleToday:

James T

Reaction score
Those of us who are getting into the "years" might remember the rock group call The Ventures. The had a piece of music called Walk Don't Run. It seems their drummer is now a 4 star General in the Air Force. The group got together again for old time sake and he got back on the drums. If you remember them you'll get a kick out of this!

http://www.stumptownblogger.com/2012/04 ... d=6a010536

Years ago I knew the guitar player for the Ventures. After the band split up he went to Nashville and did a lot of the behind the scenes guitar work for record studios. i would see him when he came home for visits.

In Ohio... I don't doubt it! Mentioning a woodie and 'waxing your board' would probably have everyone near the the town square in a tither.

I remember them--had an 8 track tape of the ventures. Rebel Rouser--Tequila--Apache--Walk Don't Run--Pipeline --some of the songs I remember from it. People back then treasured every note that came from an 8 track player. Ya had to, because you just never knew, if when you pulled the cartridge out, if the tape would stay hung up inside the player and you'd never hear it play that cartridge again.

The nice thing about those 8 tracks is they would just keep playing over and over. No rewind. No starting over. They just kept looping through. I remember one all night run through Wyoming. I plugged in a double length tape of Hank Williams Sr. Next thing I remember was realizing the tape had played over three times and I was at the Utah border.

Dave":1zd50zo0 said:
The nice thing about those 8 tracks is they would just keep playing over and over. No rewind. No starting over. They just kept looping through. I remember one all night run through Wyoming. I plugged in a double length tape of Hank Williams Sr. Next thing I remember was realizing the tape had played over three times and I was at the Utah border.

Wyoming - Food Phone and Gas, 1 mile. Next stop, 276 miles!

It is a good thing you had something to get you through that!

Dave":29epfl3x said:
all that traveling for a 8 second ride??

Latest posts