The Union Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Better to move this in a new thread.

fitz":2k1cdbua said:
M5farm":2k1cdbua said:
You make me laugh, Unions are part of the down fall of America. quote]

Dang Right, both you and Slick (flush 'em) are right on the money. Those Bas...tards! If not for those "thorn in the side" Unions we wouldn't be bothered with a 40 hr. work week, weekends, curtailment of child labor, medical and retirement benefits, those darn vacations, safer worksites, workmen's comp, unemployment safety nets, apprenticeship training programs for those not college bond and the list goes on.
Makes me angry just thinking how much better off Corporate America could have been without having to allow any consideration for their irritating employees.

fitz

Union are past what they needed to be at the time. They did everything for themselves and ran the bill up on the rest of the public.

M5farm":14fb8k1x said:
fitz":14fb8k1x said:
M5farm":14fb8k1x said:
You make me laugh, Unions are part of the down fall of America. quote]

Dang Right, both you and Slick (flush 'em) are right on the money. Those Bas...tards! If not for those "thorn in the side" Unions we wouldn't be bothered with a 40 hr. work week, weekends, curtailment of child labor, medical and retirement benefits, those darn vacations, safer worksites, workmen's comp, unemployment safety nets, apprenticeship training programs for those not college bond and the list goes on.
Makes me angry just thinking how much better off Corporate America could have been without having to allow any consideration for their irritating employees.

fitz

Why should a man depend on a business(yes a union is a business) to look out for them. I was raised to look out for myself and make my own decisions. I have not worked a 40Hr week since I was in high school (my choice ) If a job was dangerous I had enough sense to be safe. But I guess there is a lot of people out there that would not have anything if it were not for the unions fighting for them and making sure the lazy and sorry don't ever get fired and as long as they have seniority the get a promotion if they deserve it or not. Imagine where this county would be If the free market had not been hoodooed by the unions. Unions are just like welfare.,

Since I was quoted on this thread I will comment. I don't feel the need to debate any benefits of organized labor (past or present) with you guys here, or on any other thread. I know that nothing I could type would change your feelings one tiny bit. The same on this end. I just often wonder what direct personal experiences folks would have had to experience in order to cultivate such a negative view point on any issue. I will go back to my standards of (when conversing with strangers) not discussing politics, religion or organized labor. I realize we are not of the same and that is fine with me. Might want to go back to the other thread, gather the lap dogs, and knock yourselves out with it.
One last little thing. I worked construction my whole career. No seniority was recognized in my trade. A man's work had to speak for itself. I never had to backup for a paycheck and always tired to be the best employee I could be. I figured if I could help the company make money I'd buy groceries too. I take strong offense to anyone suggesting I was a welfare recipient. That's one of them say it to his face things.

fitz

Unions are nothing like welfare. Surely you see the difference between collective bargaining for workers, versus the taxpayers money given away as part of our social safety net.

Ya think some punk who didn't deserve to keep their job never got a break at a non union company either? Like the brown noser or the son in law or the one who has dirt on the boss and so on?

Why should someone want a union to represent their interests? Well gee because they are one little peon of a great big powerful company who can chew them up and spit them out. If you look back into history, not all that far back either, you will find some truly horrible ways that workers were treated. By joining together into unions, they had more power than as individuals. And, guilds for craftsmen go back centuries.

We need to just kick the unions out of politics, where they have no business to be spending the members' money. The rest will take care of itself.

When you get a few thousand people together, some will be corrupt. That's just how it is. Problem is others supporting the corrupt ones, just because.

Insurance rates are much cheaper for Corps who have little injuries. I don't so much feel unions make the work place safer. In fact, I feel they do the opposite. But they did get us a 40 hour work week and other things cited..........

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Always will be. That doesn't make all members bad. That doesn't make all members good.

I have a bunch of friends that are union, and there not slackers far from it. But their a bunch of follows because they let the union leaders speak for them. Even if they disagreed with what was being said. The unions have not stood up for the American people, because they profit off of the government. That's the reason their in politics.

fitz":1xi287gc said:
Since I was quoted on this thread I will comment. I don't feel the need to debate any benefits of organized labor (past or present) with you guys here, or on any other thread. I know that nothing I could type would change your feelings one tiny bit. The same on this end. I just often wonder what direct personal experiences folks would have had to experience in order to cultivate such a negative view point on any issue. I will go back to my standards of (when conversing with strangers) not discussing politics, religion or organized labor. I realize we are not of the same and that is fine with me. Might want to go back to the other thread, gather the lap dogs, and knock yourselves out with it.
One last little thing. I worked construction my whole career. No seniority was recognized in my trade. A man's work had to speak for itself. I never had to backup for a paycheck and always tired to be the best employee I could be. I figured if I could help the company make money I'd buy groceries too. I take strong offense to anyone suggesting I was a welfare recipient. That's one of them say it to his face things.

fitz

fitz, you stated, "I know that nothing I could type would change your feelings one tiny bit."

It is not known how a post will affect another user who reads it. I assume the same that you do. This is especially true of the "commentary" category of posts. Like those on politics, religion, and unions. Posts on these subjects express a user's personal opinions, personal ideas, personal values, personal knowledge, etc. They are flavored with our life experiences, our standards, our biases, our ignorance, etc. Therefore, they offer another user nothing of substance. They are simply personal "commentary". The frustration and conflict these posts cause on CT is wasted energy. They are not that important. Users who get upset because they cannot "influence" another user's beliefs, feelings, convictions, or values are wasting time. The only redeming quality is the entertainment they provide. I don't spend much of my time using my posts to change anyone. To each his own!

This post certainly falls in that category. And that is my commentary on this subject!

PS: This is not directed at you. Your statement is the focus. My horse is not in the Union Race. :lol:

Latest posts