The ULTIMATE COW??

Help Support CattleToday:

PremierLonghorns

Reaction score
The Ultimate Cow?? ....we think so! Premier Preference sired by JP Rio Grande who was voted 3 years in a row as the Ultimate Bull.
More pix and info at: http://www.premierlonghorns.com
RidingMissPref_81111_5.jpg

You're right, but she's worn her feet down since she posed for this photo! Longhorns have feet like flint!

PremierLonghorns":1zbb2n7c said:
You're right, but she's worn her feet down since she posed for this photo! Longhorns have feet like flint!
If they're hard as flint how do you wear them down?? Looks like starch overload to me. Probably have to trim them pretty regularly.

TexasBred, seems that from the photo, you just take them for a ride down a black top road. Probably wears the hoof right down. I wish that I could ride my ol Bessie down the road but she would kick me square in the azz before I even thought about getting up on her....lol. Premier, how many mile per gallon does she get? She looks good, but I'm not in to those horns and I do not think that a long horn is the "ultimate cow." Just my opinion. I can just see one of them going through one side of my rib cage and right out the other side. May be fun to ride but I would hate to run them through a shoot, or load them on a trailer to take to a sale barn.

lavacarancher":3n1ke2l8 said:
Sure hope she doesn't decide to swat flies while that young lady is sittin' on her!

That would be bad........come on now missie, just get yourself off that there horse....I mean cow ....before someone gets hurt. You've got a bigger set than I do for getting up, on that thing.

Thanks for sharing the video! -except that's a Watusi-Longhorn cross! ...and there just isn't anything African about Texas Longhorns! LOL Meanwhile, Texas Longhorns know where the tips of their horns are just like we know where the tips of our fingers are and use their horns like tools. They are very smart, affectionate and when trained become very docile. We train our heifers, steers and bulls to ride.
Have you seen this video clip of 3 year old saddletrained bull Premier Testarossa aka "TR"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKK_Z6wLJDk

Hey I'd sure trust my Longhorns before I'd trust the horses...cuz Longhorns are smarter than horses amd they aren't flighty like horses. I oughta know bc I trained and showed QHs are many years and Longhorns have a whole lot more common sense than they do!
FYI: Our Longhorns are not TX bred, we're in Oklahoma & New Mexico.

Well I have horses and had a longhorn. The horses stay home, the longhorn roamed. She could jump a 4 foot fence without any problems.
I sold her and luckily only lost $75 on her.

To each his own.

PremierLonghorns":2c8kdy7j said:
Hey I'd sure trust my Longhorns before I'd trust the horses...cuz Longhorns are smarter than horses amd they aren't flighty like horses. I oughta know bc I trained and showed QHs are many years and Longhorns have a whole lot more common sense than they do!
Premier why don't you buy an add on the home page. You been pushing these critters for a couple years now. you might PM ol' 3way..he's a sucker for anything with big hooters...i mean horns.

TexasBred":27i5geyn said:
PremierLonghorns":27i5geyn said:
Premier why don't you buy an add on the home page. You been pushing these critters for a couple years now. you might PM ol' 3way..he's a sucker for anything with big hooters...i mean horns.

You weren't supposed to let that out. :mrgreen:

Hook, I doubt there are very many cattle saddle fitters around. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure about riding a bull though...I know ours doesn't even care about grain if there's a cow in heat, so I'm sure he wouldn't have any manners if he were under saddle.

hooknline":21xa4hgs said:
Yer saddles loose

The saddle is OK. There is a white girth behind the cow's elbow. I think that you are looking at the flank cinch.

Although, even thought the original poster claimed that the hooves broke off after being ridden. The hooves are atrocious, and if the original poster really did show and train horses, he/she should have known that riding an animal with toes that long could cause damage to the legs (ligaments).

If the cow is as wonderful as stated, I would thing that the owner would see that the hooves were taken care of and not show long term neglect.

Latest posts