The Texas thread

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":3a3ky0kt said:
Crowderfarms":3a3ky0kt said:
He was a Yankee

Now that makes sense. If he was from around here he'd be going by "Sandman" or "Cactus Jack" or something like that. Rain is kind of a slim chance most of the time.

Of course, to hear Caustic tell it, he gets rain all that time in that part of Texas. It could have something to do with the attraction. You reckon?

You mean like somebody trying to put out the brushfires?Z

Crowderfarms":37i9uc1w said:
MillIronQH":37i9uc1w said:
BTW... Has anyone heard from the VP nominee lately?Z
Which one? Hillary, Obama, or Al Gore?

No No No. Them uns is in the same category at tune that cow loosely momma.

MillIron is talking about Alice's running mate. Kind of like your funning mate except this one is serious. I haven't heard her announcement just yet. Prolly someone squeaky clean with good perception and good foresight.

Crowderfarms":2vv2w0go said:
I really miss TurnMawLoose. I wonder if he still looks in on us from time to time. :cowboy:

Well I can put my foot in my mouth up to the thigh too, just can't manage to do it as often as he could.

Texas Trivia: What is the Spanish Word for a cottonwood tree? (a cottonwood is also known as a poplar to you folks up north)

backhoeboogie":1oelvc9b said:
Alice":1oelvc9b said:
Hey, I lived around Fort Worth for about 18 years...
Alice

This nice lady even lived in a place known as "CowTown".

Had some good times there, too. :D

Alice

backhoeboogie":1u3tdf4v said:
Texas Trivia: What is the Spanish Word for a cottonwood tree? (a cottonwood is also known as a poplar to you folks up north)

Alamo.....as in "Mission de los Alamos"

MillIronQH":d8ud2pb6 said:
backhoeboogie":d8ud2pb6 said:

Alamo.....as in "Mission de los Alamos"

You're right. It is amazing how many people don't know that.

backhoeboogie":1geacnvs said:
Crowderfarms":1geacnvs said:
MillIronQH":1geacnvs said:

MillIron is talking about Alice's running mate. Kind of like your funning mate except this one is serious. I haven't heard her announcement just yet. Prolly someone squeaky clean with good perception and good foresight.

I'll toss out 2 names here...Milly Ivins, for her perception and foresight; Laura Bush, squeaky clean and loooooong suffering, vital qualites for a VP.

Alice

Alice":1qyztzkf said:
backhoeboogie":1qyztzkf said:
Crowderfarms":1qyztzkf said:
MillIronQH":1qyztzkf said:

I'll toss out 2 names here...Milly Ivins, for her perception and foresight; Laura Bush, squeaky clean and loooooong suffering, vital qualites for a VP.

Alice

You have to scratch Molly Ivins. Are you talking about that journalist that hates white males from Texas?

backhoeboogie":2kv3rn1a said:
Alice":2kv3rn1a said:
backhoeboogie":2kv3rn1a said:
Crowderfarms":2kv3rn1a said:
MillIronQH":2kv3rn1a said:

Alice

You have to scratch Molly Ivins. Are you talking about that journalist that hates white males from Texas?

Yes, I'm talking about the journalist...and yes I'd see that she'd be controversial. Ok, she's scratched as VP, but I've sent her on along to cover Crowder's campaign.

Alice

WORANCH":505d21nd said:
Alice":505d21nd said:
backhoeboogie":505d21nd said:
Alice":505d21nd said:
Alice

Alice

:D Billy Bobs ..........

White Elephant and Filthy McNasty's... :D

Alice

Okay. Before Billy Bob's, and before Sherwood Cryer expanded Gilley's to be the biggest, what was the biggest nightclub in the world for years and years?

Hint: Longview, Texas.

WORANCH":1gn6e580 said:
Alice":1gn6e580 said:
backhoeboogie":1gn6e580 said:
Alice":1gn6e580 said:
Alice

Alice

:D Billy Bobs ..........

Brings back a fond memory of going there when I was 18, and getting the best boot shining from the Hottest Boot shine girl I ever saw. Funny how a guy could be in such an awe inspiring place and that is what I remember the most about it. :lol:

Dern and while y'all were having so much fun in places like Gillys and Billy Bobs I was stuck in Wyoming doing mundane stuff like riding my horse thru the bar in Sheridan or turning the buffalo loose from their pen in downtown Gillette Wyo. :cboy: Z

MillIronQH":9tq6k8nd said:
Dern and while y'all were having so much fun in places like Gillys and Billy Bobs I was stuck in Wyoming doing mundane stuff like riding my horse thru the bar in Sheridan or turning the buffalo loose from their pen in downtown Gillette Wyo. :cboy: Z

I got a turn in the barrel. Christmas 1981 I wa sin a man camp in Rock Springs because there was no place to rent while I was working in Green River. Tenneco Soda Ash plant I helped build between Green River and Little America.