The Sunshine State pics

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
Ok this one is my horse/barn/stalls. 12 inches of water in the feed room and tack room.

rain3.jpg

Back yard.

rain5.jpg

Note those fence posts are about 4 1/2 feet out and that is 48 inch wire.

rain7.jpg

This is part of the back yard behind my work shop.

rain8.jpg

This is the horse/barn/stalls and turn out lake :) The horses are out to pasture now and not in this area.

rain10.jpg

Yeah, I can see all the sunshine. :roll:

Those labs look happy as a lark.

Hope your home is on high ground and doesn't have water in it!

flaboy":zb0zhocy said:
Ok this one is my horse/barn/stalls. 12 inches of water in the feed room and tack room.

rain3.jpg

Back yard.

rain5.jpg

Note those fence posts are about 4 1/2 feet out and that is 48 inch wire.

rain7.jpg

This is part of the back yard behind my work shop.

rain8.jpg

This is the horse/barn/stalls and turn out lake :) The horses are out to pasture now and not in this area.

rain10.jpg
it's feast or famine. been wondering how you florida boys were doing

Nope, didn't get any. Looks like todays rain will go south of me too........Maybe we need a hurricane to get rain here anymore.

Looks like you called it right. Hope you didn't get messed up too bad. I spent the day with a chainsaw cutting down trees near or on the fence. If I didn't love trees I'd hate them.

Beefy":2cn51l2n said:
tell them dogs to look out for alligators.

And them cottonmouthwatersnattlers too! Cause they ain't crawling - their swimming now.

Oh, Beefy - don't forget about them floating balls of fire! (ants)

Hope there is not too much damage . We could use some of that water here . It just seems it cannot rain a reasonble amout too much or not enough . I don't know what I would do if I ever quit farming, but I can tell you it aint gonna depend on the weather .

Larry

you went over board puttin in that outdoor pool.

Hope you dont get too much damage. Hows your house?

The house was fine. I built it on a stem-wall up about 3-4 feet so the house was never in danger. Water has gone down now. Things are just soggy. I put fans in the feed and tack rooms to dry them out. I had all my tack in the trailer it is ok also.

I almost lost my new welder. I forgot about it and when the water rose it came in my shed. I happened to go out and saw it about 1/2 inch from the water. I was able to move it higher ground before it got soaked.

One tree across the fence just down from where those dogs were swimming.

I had one horse that wasn't too fond of water but I guess he gotten used to it now. Went out to check on them last night and they were both standing in water up to their knees. Plenty of high ground for them but I guess they liked it there.

All in all I guess I did ok. Dang neighbors to west have covered their piece of the drainage ditch which forced all the water on me. When things calm down me and the drainage guy are going to have a face to face about this. Their water is supposed to go west and mine goes east. I got it all.

Thanks for the concern. I appreciate it.

Fla so glad you and yours are OK, sorry about the flood but at least the house is alright, sad when people lose there house and things. That neighbor of yours needs a good talking to. hope all is well and back to normal soon.
Take care...Chris..x

Thanks folks. Things got a chance to dry out a bit this weekend. Had some sunshine yesterday and no rain to speak of. Heck 10-20 more days like that and I will be wishing for rain again. :eek:

Latest posts