The schools must be good in Virginia

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":34khtz49 said:
Drivers Ed rocks!
And the school lunches must be better than I remember.

Probably more to the story than what was told. Just a hunch but if you were a six year old and possibly the only meals you were going to get were the ones you got at school, it might give you an incentive to get their. Seems mama's beauty sleep might have been more important than her child.

First thank God no one was hurt ,,that is horrifying..

I thought that video game was rated R.

And they say that video games do not influence children,,,they ,,,who the h@ll are they anyways.

1982vett":avg9xyxf said:
john250":avg9xyxf said:
Drivers Ed rocks!
And the school lunches must be better than I remember.

Probably more to the story than what was told. Just a hunch but if you were a six year old and possibly the only meals you were going to get were the ones you got at school, it might give you an incentive to get their. Seems mama's beauty sleep might have been more important than her child.

You are a wise man. Didn't post the other facts of the story but you pretty well hit the nail on the head. You can search for more info but it ain't pretty. Lil boy won't be seeing much of his ma for a while. This just goes to show you Georgia's idea about a bad mother being better than no mother is not exactly right.

Jogeephus":6ebtnr9j said:
1982vett":6ebtnr9j said:

You are a wise man. Didn't post the other facts of the story but you pretty well hit the nail on the head. You can search for more info but it ain't pretty. Lil boy won't be seeing much of his ma for a while. This just goes to show you Georgia's idea about a bad mother being better than no mother is not exactly right.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm filling up with stupidity in my old age. At least they didn't say it GW's fault. Yet.

I read about that in the paper the other day. Think the local paper said that after he was taken to the doctor and checked out, he went on in to school that day.

Had this friend who lived across the field from me growing up that did something similar. He was about 8 or 10 at the time, they were out of Pepsi at his house and he asked his dad to take him to the store to get some more, about 2 miles away. His father was busy and told him to go get his own Pepsi if he wanted it so bad. So he did. Hopped in his pop's F150 (4spd) and took off down the road, father didn't see him. Parked the truck at the store, went in and got a 2L and hopped back in the truck and headed home. Store owner saw him get in the truck and called his house, his parents were none too happy when he got home but he was only doing what he was told!

cfpinz":3vcmkxe8 said:
I read about that in the paper the other day. Think the local paper said that after he was taken to the doctor and checked out, he went on in to school that day.

Had this friend who lived across the field from me growing up that did something similar. He was about 8 or 10 at the time, they were out of Pepsi at his house and he asked his dad to take him to the store to get some more, about 2 miles away. His father was busy and told him to go get his own Pepsi if he wanted it so bad. So he did. Hopped in his pop's F150 (4spd) and took off down the road, father didn't see him. Parked the truck at the store, went in and got a 2L and hopped back in the truck and headed home. Store owner saw him get in the truck and called his house, his parents were none too happy when he got home but he was only doing what he was told!

Yeah, I was driving stick shifts and tractors about that age too. Wouldn't have dared done it without Dad knowing, but it seems his Pop did tell him to go.

I believe children are given an extra angel. I can't tell you all the stupid stuff I did when I was a kid. Without that extra angel I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here today.

1982vett":2jiutm4i said:
Yeah, I was driving stick shifts and tractors about that age too. Wouldn't have dared done it without Dad knowing, but his it seems his Pop did tell him to go.

That's what he thought, too. But his dad still tanned his hide.

My sons always liked school, so they bothered me if they thought we were going to be late. Not that we ever were. As a single parent, I had to get them out the door like little Marines every day to get them both to different schools and then get to work on time. I still do that, but I think that if I overslept, William would get me up and make me take him. What, did that kid's mother regularly do that? As much as my son likes school, I don't know that I would trust him to get up and out the door on time on his own. I like to leave the house in liveable shape when we leave so that I don't have a mess waiting for me when I get home.

If you tell my oldest kid to go do something she is gone as long as she dose not have to get on a road. She followed me 27 miles one time to take a car to the shop.

I was talking to an off duty cop as she hoped out of my truck. He just stood there and looked at her because he thought she was too short to find the clutch. A tow truck came in whale we there and the truck needed to be moved she ran right out and parked it on the other side of the shop. The cop asked her if she drove it on the road and she similes then said no.

When my son started driving he would regularly get pulled over so that the police officer could check his age. He looked about 12.

Lammie":3dv6uza8 said:
When my son started driving he would regularly get pulled over so that the police officer could check his age. He looked about 12.

If my math is correct, that would mean that when you turn 40 you will look like you are 21. When you turn 50 you will be uhh 29. Pretty sure this is how it will work. :tiphat:

Jogeephus":2rmwfmnn said:
Lammie":2rmwfmnn said:

If my math is correct, that would mean that when you turn 40 you will look like you are 21. When you turn 50 you will be uhh 29. Pretty sure this is how it will work. :tiphat:

I wish!

I was talking about my son! Believe me, no one asks me about my age. Not if they want to maintain their health. My son is 21 now and he still looks like he's about 16. So far it has not been an issue where he works. No one has said that they would prefer to have a grown up mortician yet.

Latest posts