The robins are here

Help Support CattleToday:

If the robins are here, spring's not far behind! I'll have my eyes peeled for a robin sighting in my neck of the woods.BTW, the Louis Armstrong version of the song was nice, usually heard the Osmond version.

reeler":1yidp7vm said:
If the robins are here, spring's not far behind! I'll have my eyes peeled for a robin sighting in my neck of the woods.BTW, the Louis Armstrong version of the song was nice, usually heard the Osmond version.
I'm a BIG louis Armstrong fan.

Saw one 2-3 weeks ago in the field, then a few days later saw several in the grass around a parking lot in town.

D2Cat":2j4swidn said:
Hey Dun, I was at a friend's house standing outside talking. Saw something yellow over in the grass. It was a dandelion! Unusual for the 3rd of Jan.
As strange as the weather has been I'm not surprised. Expecting the crocus and jonquils to start popping up any day now.

dun":1dhdwxci said:
D2Cat":1dhdwxci said:
Hey Dun, I was at a friend's house standing outside talking. Saw something yellow over in the grass. It was a dandelion! Unusual for the 3rd of Jan.
As strange as the weather has been I'm not surprised. Expecting the crocus and jonquils to start popping up any day now.
My friend said her daffodils have popped up

Chuckie":lkqh8jb4 said:
I wondered where they went in the winter, now I know.

yes, We have always had a lot migrate here all my life. as a boy we would hunt them and the eat pretty good too. They are a noisy bunch and steal the natives food. This time of the year our cedar trees have tiny black berries on them and there will be hundreds of them take to the trees and crap everywhere. they are Noisy basttards too. I look forward to them leaving every spring.

M-5":10bsli3n said:
Chuckie":10bsli3n said:
I wondered where they went in the winter, now I know.

yes, We have always had a lot migrate here all my life. as a boy we would hunt them and the eat pretty good too. They are a noisy bunch and steal the natives food. This time of the year our cedar trees have tiny black berries on them and there will be hundreds of them take to the trees and crap everywhere. they are Noisy basttards too. I look forward to them leaving every spring.

That's funny, never thought of a robin as a pest.

Seen a flock of them one day last week. Can't really get excited about seeing robins, but when the purple martins show up that's another matter altogether!

Latest posts