The right to protest?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black lives matter protest gets violent and are destructive and we have to do more, police told to stand down. Whites show up to protest their heritage and they are disgusting and need to go home. Boy am I glad this clown only runs our state for another year. Not a good thing that happened and thoughts and prayers to all the families of those injured. However I think it is pretty obvious we are protesting to late and our rights dont matter. I am not about supremacy but had enough of the inequality b.s. Don't think the inequality runs the direction they try to sell you.

SmokinM":2i7m3rhz said:
Black lives matter protest gets violent and are destructive and we have to do more, police told to stand down. Whites show up to protest their heritage and they are disgusting and need to go home. Boy am I glad this clown only runs our state for another year. Not a good thing that happened and thoughts and prayers to all the families of those injured. However I think it is pretty obvious we are protesting to late and our rights dont matter. I am not about supremacy but had enough of the inequality b.s. Don't think the inequality runs the direction they try to sell you.
You show up to protest your heritage wearing body armor, carrying weapons, KKK symbols and signs and expect everybody you lay down a walkway of palm branches?? Not a swinging d_ck gave a dam about the statue staying or coming down. It was just an "opportunity" for violence by both sides.

As with most protests what it is about is lost in the d__k swinging. Very few have been peaceful the difference I am referring to is how that lack of peace is handled. I am all for equality hold everybody equally responsible.

SmokinM":jocarmrh said:

War is coming and it isn't going to be north and south this time.
History repeating itself with the rhetoric

Indeed, it was a sad day in and for Charlottesville. My heart goes out to the family of the person who lost their life

I'm glad I took care of the business I had in C'Ville, on Thurs. :(

Caustic Burno":38z31o32 said:
SmokinM":38z31o32 said:

War is coming and it isn't going to be north and south this time.
History repeating itself with the rhetoric

Sadly, I believe you are right. The signs & symptoms are all around. Its been slowly brewing for quite some time. :(

SmokinM":fa9bvttj said:
As with most protests what it is about is lost in the d__k swinging. Very few have been peaceful the difference I am referring to is how that lack of peace is handled. I am all for equality hold everybody equally responsible.
I'm amazed that intelligent people really think these protest ever have anything to do with the stated purpose of the protest. General Lee sitting on that horse surely was disgusted by the whole thing.

Caustic Burno":1fmgguq5 said:
I think we should take down any statue that deals with our history Washington Old Abe's,Lee's or MLK as I sure they offend someone.

Here in the Old Domnion, 'they' have been giving consideration to taking down all the statues/monuments along Monument Way, in Richmond.

In Charlottesville, there has been discussion regarding Thomas Jefferson and UVA and Monticello. :?

Caustic Burno":2hus6kmy said:
I think we should take down any statue that deals with our history Washington Old Abe's,Lee's or MLK as I sure they offend someone.
Why not. No need for all this "statue worshipping" anyway. :lol2: And nothing can be named after a "person".

I was wondering where the heck was the cops? And did the vehicle intentionally run folks over or were they just trying to get the heck out of town? Was the driver was a protester or anti - protester?
Everyone has the right to protest and the right to protection while doing so.

History is there to learn from, destroy it and you learn nothing. If they want monuments for their heritage ok no problem. I will accept and learn about anybodies heritage and they can celebrate it in any peaceful manner they like. I am entitled to the same, it is called- equality.

TB you like to argue and I ain't bitin, you got your opinion I got mine. That is freedom embrace it. I don't give a crap about a statue but I work hard for everything I have, mind my own business, pull my own weight and would like for every one else to do the same.

True Grit Farms":30fjzxys said:
I was wondering where the heck was the cops? And did the vehicle intentionally run folks over or were they just trying to get the heck out of town? Was the driver was a protester or anti - protester?

By the accounts given by witnesses, and the video that was taken, as well as the location of the incident, it appears to be intentional. (I viewed video, and read several eye-witness accounts, and am familiar w/the area) :( The car came down a pedestrian "mall", at a relatively high rate of speed (for that area). It plowed into the people, then slammed it into reverse and backed up, out of the area rapidly. This occurred on "the Downtown Mall", which is a pedestrian mall. The folks that were struck, were bystanders and protesters, protesting the White Supremacy people.

I don't care who the people were, or what they were observing or protesting, they did not deserve to die. :( None of those folks deserved to be mowed down by that car.

True Grit Farms":1lidkymk said:

Here is a picture showing one officer. I think if you look in the background you can see where a lot of the problem lies. Nazi extremists. Take note of the sign. These troublemakers weren't demonstrating for any monuments they were just spewing hate.

wsoZ1ZX.jpg

Workinonit Farm":20aw6i7z said:
True Grit Farms":20aw6i7z said:

By the accounts given by witnesses, and the video that was taken, as well as the location of the incident, it appears to be intentional. (I viewed video, and read several eye-witness accounts, and am familiar w/the area) :( The car came down a pedestrian "mall", at a relatively high rate of speed (for that area). It plowed into the people, then slammed it into reverse and backed up, out of the area rapidly. This occurred on "the Downtown Mall", which is a pedestrian mall. The folks that were struck, were bystanders and protesters, protesting the White Supremacy people.

I don't care who the people were, or what they were observing or protesting, they did not deserve to die. :( None of those folks deserved to be mowed down by that car.

I agree a 100%. So now I really want to know where the cops were?

Jogeephus":12blln0q said:
True Grit Farms":12blln0q said:

Here is a picture showing one officer. I think if you look in the background you can see where a lot of the problem lies. Nazi extremists. Take note of the sign. These troublemakers weren't demonstrating for any monuments they were just spewing hate.

wsoZ1ZX.jpg

No doubt about that Jogeephus. But I didn't see any looting or burning of cars and the rest of the crap that went on in Ferguson, Baltimore, or LA.

Jogeephus":10pjioqw said:
True Grit Farms":10pjioqw said:

wsoZ1ZX.jpg

Jogee---- You are correct! Many of the protesters were from out of town/out of state. Just looking for a place to cause trouble and wreak havoc. As for police, there were campus, city and state police, as well as Sheriffs/deputies all over Charlottesville.

:frowns: :(

True Grit Farms":162zmi91 said:
No doubt about that Jogeephus. But I didn't see any looting or burning of cars and the rest of the crap that went on in Ferguson, Baltimore, or LA.

I hope you are not suggesting the bar we set for our civility should be based on how those animals acted in Fergusen or Baltimore.

Jogeephus":to8bi1l1 said:
True Grit Farms":to8bi1l1 said:

wsoZ1ZX.jpg

Extremism is epidemic. We have lost the strength of the middle. The force has moved to the polar extremes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts