The right to protest?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenny thomas":1hl0t2ba said:
I don't agree with anything that went on there, but does that picture look photo shopped to anyone besides me?
It's a montage of photo shoppery.

Caustic Burno":2xr1ebm6 said:
BK9954":2xr1ebm6 said:
I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.

I disagree we're armed and they don't even know what bathroom to use.
Cut off the food supply for three days and they will be killing each other.
This war is going to be conservative versus liberal.
I'll disagree too.
Who has the most guns and ammo and ability to use them?
While they are searching for safe spaces we will be clearing them and making them.

The Taliban were statue removers as well. The left thinks like them it changes history.
IMOO it only entrenchs the opposite sides and fuels the divisions.
Lot of similarities today in our nation with the 1850's.[/quote]

Absolutely, an industrial,liberal, and bigger govt north vs. a conservative, agricultural, stand on your own 2 feet south. It is not regional now but pockets of each in every state but the division is the same. Look at the voting lines and divisions. Sadly just as in history,one side may surrender but neither side will win. Those statues are a reminder of that the same as the turmoil they cause exemplify it. Shame they don't teach that in school anymore.

I honestly believe that had tractors existed then slavery wouldn't have existed, they were merely the machine they had to farm with. If they wanted to tear down their looms and steel mills there also would have been a war. It all in how you feed your family.

jedstivers":co5xsid7 said:
Caustic Burno":co5xsid7 said:
BK9954":co5xsid7 said:
I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.

I'll disagree too.
While they are searching for safe spaces we will be clearing them and making them.
Yes but the government and national guard will be against you. They will support the black lives matter and those organizations before they support you. It will not be citizen against citizen. If it comes to that. Especially if you are armed. They will come with tanks and heavy machinery. Just like Waco. I just want to stay out of it. Not sure if you read the report years ago of the DHS buying millions of hollow point rounds and self defense rounds, not military rounds, that's for civil unrest, not invasion. Congress even grilled them for it. It was "one" of the reasons for an ammo shortage. For a while you could only find FMJ. They are more ready then you could ever be.

BK9954":3988w270 said:
jedstivers":3988w270 said:
Caustic Burno":3988w270 said:
I'll disagree too.
Yes but the government and national guard will be against you. They will support the black lives matter and those organizations before they support you. It will not be citizen against citizen. If it comes to that. Especially if you are armed. They will come with tanks and heavy machinery. Just like Waco. I just want to stay out of it. Not sure if you read the report years ago of the DHS buying millions of hollow point rounds and self defense rounds, not military rounds, that's for civil unrest, not invasion. Congress even grilled them for it. It was "one" of the reasons for an ammo shortage. For a while you could only find FMJ. They are more ready then you could ever be.

Apparently you missed the part in history where the military fractured along ideological lines as well.
Lincoln wanted Lee from jump street he went with Virginia.

Caustic Burno":2ty67ldr said:
BK9954":2ty67ldr said:
jedstivers":2ty67ldr said:
I'll disagree too.

Apparently you missed the part in history where the military fractured along ideological lines as well.
I dont see that happening here. We were still a young country with more State independence and States rights back then. People's mentality was it was either the ballot box or the ammo box. That mentality has changed with the prosperity of the culture. People dont want to give up their minivans and soccer games on the week ends. But let's hope it never comes to that. Redrawing a new government, and the population is so inbalanced, especially in Tx, that would be pretty nuts and scary. Who knows who would take over.

Caustic Burno":2m7cvo1q said:
This won't be a matter of choice but
of survival IMO
If so we gotta get TexasBred out of treasury bonds. Those won't be worth squat if we broke out into civil war :lol2: Now he needs to get gold so he can buy the new currency after the war :tiphat:

BK9954":2lemg027 said:
Caustic Burno":2lemg027 said:
of survival IMO
If so we gotta get TexasBred out of treasury bonds. Those won't be worth squat if we broke out into civil war :lol2: Now he needs to get gold so he can buy the new currency after the war :tiphat:

Forget it he is an ostrich with his head up his butt I meant sand.
22LR, Wild Turkey and Charmin will be the new currency.

BK9954":15a07udu said:
Caustic Burno":15a07udu said:
BK9954":15a07udu said:

I dont see that happening here. We were still a young country with more State independence and States rights back then. People's mentality was it was either the ballot box or the ammo box. That mentality has changed with the prosperity of the culture. People dont want to give up their minivans and soccer games on the week ends. But let's hope it never comes to that. Redrawing a new government, and the population is so inbalanced, especially in Tx, that would be pretty nuts and scary. Who knows who would take over.
States are still supposed to have the same rights. The constitution hasn't changed. States just let Washington take them away for federal dollars.

Don't these dang people have jobs? I guess they are all a bunch of welfare leeches. If these people are able bodied enough to protest they should be able to do some work. I got ditches around here that need mowed can't see the deer. If they feel so strongly they can go protest after work. I bet those would be some peaceful protest after a day of work they would be to tired for trouble.

I am all for leaving statues and reminders of history. I don't care to repeat the civil war it was long and bloody. I don't support hate on either side.

wacocowboy":ugfwhfly said:
Don't these dang people have jobs? I guess they are all a bunch of welfare leeches. If these people are able bodied enough to protest they should be able to do some work. I got ditches around here that need mowed can't see the deer. If they feel so strongly they can go protest after work. I bet those would be some peaceful protest after a day of work they would be to tired for trouble.

I am all for leaving statues and reminders of history. I don't care to repeat the civil war it was long and bloody. I don't support hate on either side.
You are right about work.
But why should they? There is no compelling reason and no incentive.
The vote buyers saw to that.

Ryder":260btqwl said:
wacocowboy":260btqwl said:

You are right about work.
But why should they? There is no compelling reason and no incentive.
The vote buyers saw to that.

Yep people learned they can vote themselves money and slimy politicians were more than happy to give away tax money to get elected.

Right, left, white, black, conservative, liberal.........which one is which??

1. The Alt-Right Is Not Conservative. One of the hottest takes from the Left is that the alt-right represents the entire right — that what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia represented conservatives broadly. That's factually incorrect, and intellectually dishonest. The alt-right is not just conservatives who like memes or who dislike Paul Ryan. The alt-right is a philosophy of white supremacy and white nationalism espoused by the likes of Vox Day, Richard Spencer, and Jared Taylor.

Here's Jared Taylor explaining the alt-right:

They openly acknowledge their antipathy for the Constitution and conservatism; they believe that strong centralized government is necessary to preserve "white civilization." They label all their enemies "cucks" — men in favor of "race-mixing." Here's a solid guide to what the alt-right actually thinks.

2. The Alt-Right Has Successfully Created The Impression There Are Lots Of Them. There Aren't. Thanks to the hard work of alt-right apologists like Milo Yiannopoulos, the widespread perception has been created that the alt-right is a movement on the rise, with a fast-increasing number of devotees. The media have glommed onto the alt-right in order to smear the entire conservative movement with it. The alt-right is quite active online — according to the Anti-Defamation League, I was their top journalistic target in 2016, and I received nearly 8,000 anti-Semitic tweets during the election cycle — but they aren't particularly large. They fill up comments sections at sites like Breitbart, and they email spam, and they prank call people, and they live on 4chan boards, but the vast majority of alt-right anti-Semitic tweets came from just 1,600 accounts.

Thanks, however, to their online vociferousness, they convinced members of the Trump campaign, apparently including the president, that it was important not to knock them.

3. The Alt-Right Has Been Tut-Tutted By President Trump And His Advisors For Over A Year. Yesterday Was Nothing New. President Trump's initial response to the attack in Charlottesville made no mention of the alt-right or white supremacy or even of racism. He simply stated, "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It has been going on for a long time in our country — not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America." Trump, who has been fully willing to call out radical Islam, had nothing to say about the alt-right. Some Trump defenders point out that Barack Obama never condemned Black Lives Matter in the wake of riots and shootings of police officers, either. But Obama was wrong, and his wrongness is not an excuse for Trump to sit by and do nothing.

On Sunday morning, the White House used an unnamed spokesperson to release a statement:

Why didn't Trump just come out himself and say the same? Because he tut-tutted the alt-right throughout his presidential campaign. He refused point-blank to condemn the KKK during an infamous exchange with CNN's Jake Tapper in March 2016. He refused to condemn the alt-right targeting Jewish journalists like Julia Ioffe in May. His chief campaign strategist, Steve Bannon, was head of Breitbart when Yiannopoulos wrote his screed, and openly stated that the site had become "the platform for the alt-right." Sadly, Trump has shown willingness to accept support from any source, no matter how despicable.

4. The Car Attack Was An Act of Terrorism. The alt-right piece of human debris James Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Ohio, apparently deliberately drove his vehicle into counterprotesters and Antifa members. That's an act of political violence no different from the car attacks of Nice, France or Jerusalem or London Bridge. That's terror.

5. Trump's Unwillingness To Fight The Alt-Right Tooth And Nail Grows The Alt-Right. President Trump's milquetoast statement has emboldened members of the alt-right. Here's the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer: "He outright refused to disavow. People saying he cucked are shills and kikes. He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room." That account may be unfair to Trump. But it's what white nationalists are reading. They see Trump as a useful figure. David Duke said as much at the rally: "This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take this country back. We're gonna fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That's what we believed in. That's why we voted for Donald Trump because he said he's going to take our country back."

6. The Left's Malfeasance And Support For Violent Groups Like Antifa Grow The Alt-Right. Antifa was violent in Charlottesville. That's not according to me; that's according to Sheryl Gay Stolberg of The New York Times, who tweeted thusly:

She was forced to backtrack and suggest that the Antifa thugs weren't "hate-filled" after online blowback. But Antifa has trafficked in hate and violence for over a year now — we all remember how they've been assaulting people asserting their free speech rights in Berkeley, and how they have been engaged in street fights with alt-righters in places like Sacramento.

This isn't "whataboutism." Nothing justifies the alt-right's racist perspective or murderous violence by an alt-righter. But it would be factually incorrect to ignore Antifa's continuing role in the violent incidents that have now spread across the country. Because the Marxists in Antifa try to shut down free speech, they drive foolish people into the morally incorrect binary decision of supporting the alt-right, rather than loudly rejecting the ideology and violence of both sides.

7. The Media's Broad Misusage Of The Term Alt-Right Grows The Alt-Right. Some members of the Leftist media have attempted to term large swaths of the right "alt-right" — just last week, some idiots in the media attempted to lump me in with the alt-right because I thought Google was wrong to fire James Damore. I am, for the record, perhaps the loudest voice against the alt-right in America, and I openly and repeatedly criticized Trump for failing to condemn the alt-right. For some evidence, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here. There's a lot more where that came from. But the media seek to paint the entire right with the alt-right brush, even though the alt-right hates the Constitutional conservative right. That drives otherwise reasonable people into thinking that perhaps they are alt-right — and then they, in knee-jerk fashion, defend the actual alt-right because they're confused about definitions. The Left needs to stop this nonsense immediately.

Charlottesville, Sacramento, Berkeley — we're watching a microcosmic re-enactment of Weimar Republic brownshirt-vs.-reds violence in real-time, complete with the same flags being flown. Just as then, some leadership condemning the evil of alt-right white supremacy, the viciousness of hard-left Marxism, and the violence anyone commits in violation of basic rights should be unceasing and thunderous.

It's not.

And so the problem is likely to metastasize.

NEITHER SIDE IS RIGHT AND NEITHER SHOULD BE SUPPORTED BY TRUE CONSERVATIVE AMERICAN CITIZENS.

BK9954":3vcw3ip7 said:
Caustic Burno":3vcw3ip7 said:
of survival IMO

As I said before, your gold will be worthless, nobody will want it and inflation will make any new currency worthless the day it's issued.

TexasBred":3eqqur49 said:
Right, left, white, black, conservative, liberal.........which one is which??

1. The Alt-Right Is Not Conservative. One of the hottest takes from the Left is that the alt-right represents the entire right — that what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia represented conservatives broadly. That's factually incorrect, and intellectually dishonest. The alt-right is not just conservatives who like memes or who dislike Paul Ryan. The alt-right is a philosophy of white supremacy and white nationalism espoused by the likes of Vox Day, Richard Spencer, and Jared Taylor.

Here's Jared Taylor explaining the alt-right:

They openly acknowledge their antipathy for the Constitution and conservatism; they believe that strong centralized government is necessary to preserve "white civilization." They label all their enemies "cucks" — men in favor of "race-mixing." Here's a solid guide to what the alt-right actually thinks.

NEITHER SIDE IS RIGHT AND NEITHER SHOULD BE SUPPORTED BY TRUE CONSERVATIVE AMERICAN CITIZENS.

TexasBred. Thanks.

I would go further than this. The terms conservative and liberal have been pushed eschew particularly over the last 20 years. The terms IMO mean nothing in today's United States. The term EXTREMISM is a better term for both groups. They no longer are statesman who discuss issues, they are radicals that demonize the other ideology. It only seems to get worse every election cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts