the reason this board is here

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I'm a teenager that is just getting my own herd put together. I come here regularly to get advice. I don't come here to read insults. This board is to ask questions, get answers, and talk about our experiences with cattle. Why are people all of the sudden getting rude on this board? There's nothing wrong with having a favorite breed, so don't bash someone b/c they like a certain breed. The only time I believe rudeness is in order here is if someone is giving totally bogus advice. Let's just all pretend we're adults.

[email protected]

you're right but we have many pasionate breeders in the board that will never understand the real needs of all of us that breed different breeds of cattle

> I'm a teenager that is just
> getting my own herd put together.
> I come here regularly to get
> advice. I don't come here to read
> insults. This board is to ask
> questions, get answers, and talk
> about our experiences with cattle.
> Why are people all of the sudden
> getting rude on this board?
> There's nothing wrong with having
> a favorite breed, so don't bash
> someone b/c they like a certain
> breed. The only time I believe
> rudeness is in order here is if
> someone is giving totally bogus
> advice. Let's just all pretend
> we're adults.

[email protected]

That any of these types of forums are strictly an online source to gather opinions. Each and every post here is only someone's opinion and often there are opposite opinions. Many can not admit or handle that other people may have different opinions than they do.

Granted, some opinions are from people who are more informed about aspects of the beef industry than others, still opinions are opinions and not facts, reguardless of how many times or how forcefully you repeat them. So, please remember that ALL posts are only opinion and use your own judgement about what opinions to believe or disbelieve.

Point well made Danny! As any statistician probably knows, there are those few 5% or so who are in a class by themselves...wonder if they have any real friends? LOL. Anyway, it is alright to be "passionate" about one's own breed or other possessions; however, I feel it is also very "politically incorrect" to slam or bad-mouth other's opinions or what they are doing. Tolerance is needed more in this crazy mixed up world; and, respect for other's opinions. Any informed, knowledgable individual should know that there is always more than one correct answer (except on a Test) and that among all of the different species of 2 and 4-legged creatures in this world, none is "better" than any other, even though individuals in any species may think their bunch is the best and no others are worthy of existence. That is probably why (?) the Roman Empire, Hitler, and Sadaam Hussein had (have) no chance in a global environment.

Latest posts