The price was right... or was it?

Help Support CattleToday:

shawn_boroviak

Reaction score
Buying 2 heifers that will be calving within the next couple weeks. I was informed today that the price will be 1700 each. Is this about the going rate for BA in Ky OR did I get took? I am extremely new to raising cattle.

Commercial, the only thing I know is that they were AI'd. I didnt think to even ask about the sire. I may try and make contact with him and see what he can tell me.

shawn_boroviak said:
Commercial, the only thing I know is that they were AI'd. I didnt think to even ask about the sire. I may try and make contact with him and see what he can tell me.[/

The only real reason to need to know anything about the sire would be to learn what his calving ease EPDS look like. I still like the price.

About right for GOOD heavy breds here--depending "what" they're bred to. If you don't know anything about the sire, better keep a close eye on 'em. You lose a calf (or worse) that good deal just went south.

:welcome: I'm with you G.B. if they were bred with a bull that throws monsters you might wanna have a vet on speed dial . If you can get your info I would, also see if you can get the date they were bread then you can watch the calender. :cowboy: It'll give you some piece of mind :welcome:

It is my understanding that all of the heifers (about 20) were AI'd within the same week to a BA bull. The two heifers that had alreaxy calved had calves that appeared to weigh about 70 pounds. I will try and post pics soon so I can see what I did good and bad. These were the first two that I have bought that were not young calves. Thank you all for the responses.