The Peter Principle is Proven

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I'm sorry Ken had already posted this. My bad. :oops: :tiphat:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53868

This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint...it goes like this:

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-$-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-$-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the BS and Arse kissing that will put you over the top.

That is not only absolutely hilarious but so very true ... :lol2:

Look around you and see who is really successful in life, I guarantee they are giving the full percentage needed in each of those 5 categories. :) .

After you explained to me what the Peter Principle was, a little before my management experience, I realize that your post is on the money, and illustrates what's going on right now where my husband works.

I like monkey management, myself. You take all the monkeys off your back and place them on the backs of the folks that work for you and not only do your monkeys disappear, but the people you gave them to acutally appreciate them. For a while... My husband has been practicing a lot of monkey management lately.

Lammie":16lr4n10 said:
After you explained to me what the Peter Principle was, a little before my management experience, I realize that your post is on the money, and illustrates what's going on right now where my husband works.

I like monkey management, myself. You take all the monkeys off your back and place them on the backs of the folks that work for you and not only do your monkeys disappear, but the people you gave them to acutally appreciate them. For a while... My husband has been practicing a lot of monkey management lately.

Monkey management is the sign of a good manager - or so they say. I normally fire these type people myself cause I don't expect anyone to do anything I wouldn't or don't do myself and if they are too good for it the highway goes any direction they want. But you are right. Seems in big companies - if you work hard - you can find yourself too busy to kiss arse and that can be bad for your career.

I know this was meant to be funny - and it was. But I have a problem with the use of percentages as some folks use them. For example, if 100% represents all there is, nothing beyond 100% then how can NASA "throttle up" the engines to 110%? Or refineries run at 130% of capacity? Seems like the engineers design certain limits into the product, machine, etc. and that limit represents 100% (everything) so how can you safely operate beyond 100%?

Just something to think about next time you hear the phrase "... roger, throttling up to 110%".

lavacarancher":1ixci2eq said:
I know this was meant to be funny - and it was. But I have a problem with the use of percentages as some folks use them. For example, if 100% represents all there is, nothing beyond 100% then how can NASA "throttle up" the engines to 110%? Or refineries run at 130% of capacity? Seems like the engineers design certain limits into the product, machine, etc. and that limit represents 100% (everything) so how can you safely operate beyond 100%?

Just something to think about next time you hear the phrase "... roger, throttling up to 110%".

lol, heard a news item the other day as well where someone's stock had fallen over 130% the last 12 months. That made me hit pause, reverse and listen again. Yep...fell 130% all right.

Kind of along the same line, You always hear that "they are hard working, the citizens work hard for their money, hard earned money, etc."

What I want to know is where are the easy working people? The easy jobs? Why do you never hear of them?

Also, you hear about someone's beautiful children, beautiful wife. Where are the ugly children? The ugly wives?

Ryder":fwvmehmv said:
Kind of along the same line, You always hear that "they are hard working, the citizens work hard for their money, hard earned money, etc."

What I want to know is where are the easy working people? The easy jobs? Why do you never hear of them?

Also, you hear about someone's beautiful children, beautiful wife. Where are the ugly children? The ugly wives?

easy working people....easy jobs....loads of 'em over here there called the Royal Family, and hangers on.
as for ugly children and wives, well I'd say that is in the eye of the beholder... ;-) :help: :lol:

Latest posts