The Perfect Match

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
If you could mate any bull to any cow in the Hereford breed, who would it be? I have several, but #1 would have to be one of three Day Rupert Tone bulls (two of which are 092 and 641) mated to an Embracer 8E daughter, or one of the top Remitall cows. I'd also like to try Mark Domino 8020, Feltons 517, Braxton Giant 1, Remitall Online, an Ochs Bros bull, or half a dozen others with my straight Hazlett heifer.

I have a cross coming this fall that I have great interest in seeing the results. The sire's parents are RF Positive Plus 73C and Huth C&L Dutchess 8F. The dam's parents are Feltons 517 and a Timber daughter. I'm not saying this is the best Polled Hereford cross ever, but it's good enough to peak my interests. Besides, this one is real.

greenwillowherefords":kp2jmx3b said:
If you could mate any bull to any cow in the Hereford breed, who would it be? I have several, but #1 would have to be one of three Day Rupert Tone bulls (two of which are 092 and 641) mated to an Embracer 8E daughter, or one of the top Remitall cows. I'd also like to try Mark Domino 8020, Feltons 517, Braxton Giant 1, Remitall Online, an Ochs Bros bull, or half a dozen others with my straight Hazlett heifer.

The heifier TR bought and posted the pic under best cow/calf is a Braxton Giant 1 and Feltons cross.

rwtherefords":2srcxgdw said:
I have a cross coming this fall that I have great interest in seeing the results. The sire's parents are RF Positive Plus 73C and Huth C&L Dutchess 8F. The dam's parents are Feltons 517 and a Timber daughter. I'm not saying this is the best Polled Hereford cross ever, but it's good enough to peak my interests. Besides, this one is real.

Sounds like a winner! Perhaps 8020 or Ochs would be very interesting on THIS calf.

Greenwillow,

Do you have the registration #'s for 8020 or Ochs? It would be interesting to use AHA's mating predictor with those two and this calf.

rwtherefords":16aqd4ai said:
Greenwillow,

Do you have the registration #'s for 8020 or Ochs? It would be interesting to use AHA's mating predictor with those two and this calf.

OB Joyful #17998059, OB Bodacious #19430640. These are a couple of many. Mark Domino 8020 is an Oxley bull, still living but old. His daughters are highly prized. I can't find anything with a registration # for him offhand, but it should be easy to obtain.