The Patriot Party

Help Support CattleToday:

That's why they all started distancing themselves from Trump. There won't be more Dems in 2022 unless they really blow the candidate selection. All those voters that voted for Biden just because he wasn't Trump will gladly vote against him behind the right choice. I may not like how the last 60 days or so went but I am pretty comfortable saying I won't be happy with the next 4 years either.
I enjoy carnivals and train wrecks. This should be a nice blend of both.

We all need a group hug. It has been very stressful lately.

vIqIkRa.gif

All the executive orders he has already signed.... how do you think we are going to be seen by our neighbor to the north in a previously good working relationship, now that he has stopped the Keystone XL pipeline????? And what about all those people that are going to be out of work... from jobs there were making alot more than the $15 / hr minimum wage....
$5 gas is going to be nothing at this rate. He//, diesel right here local is up to 2.79..... it was 2.25 a month ago.
I got 100 gal fuel oil in Oct for 1.78/gal. Got another at the other house in late Dec....2.18/gal. That's 40 CENTS increase in 2 1/2 months..... Gas was 1.85 then 1.96 for a long time... now 2.19 at the cheapest place.... 25 cents a gal more in less than 2 months....
@JParrott is right... it just got started....

In Pennsylvania on Monday gas was $2.75 and diesel was over $3. Wonder what it is today. And I'm guessing some states are even higher. 2.19 here yesterday

Gas is still cheaper than a year ago I believe. We'll see where it goes long term.

But I know that doesn't fit the 'end of life as we know it' narrative. Plus gas prices were cheaper when Obama left office than they ever were under Trump. Point being, let's calm down a bit.

Last edited:
You are correct ChrisB2. According to AAA prices are lower than a year ago. Doesn't mean we have to like the current trajectory.

Attachments

• E1DA74F7-7BBF-4875-A00D-35075998DE9D.png
    E1DA74F7-7BBF-4875-A00D-35075998DE9D.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 681F9B5D-65F8-405C-AD31-223FAFFDB6AF.png
    681F9B5D-65F8-405C-AD31-223FAFFDB6AF.png
    181 KB · Views: 5
Gas is still cheaper than a year ago I believe. We'll see where it goes long term.

But I know that doesn't fit the 'end of life as we know it' narrative. Plus gas prices were cheaper when Obama left office than they ever were under Trump. Point being, let's calm down a bit.
Gas prices through Obama's term of service, 2008-2016, overall were significantly higher than during the Trump administration. The steep drop in 2014 came substantially due to the Baaken oil reserves, which besides crude oil, also yields a huge supply of natural gas, which incentivized aggressive conversion of oil and coal power generation to cheaper and cleaner natural gas production. All of these factors combined resulted in a strong supply of oil worldwide, with the U.S. becoming a net oil exporter, rather than a net importer.

What triggered the oil price plunge of 2014-2016 and why it failed to deliver an economic impetus in eight charts (worldbank.org)

1611323928025.png

Actually I was wrong anyway. I looked at Jan-Feb 2016, when I should have looked at 2017.

But still, oil prices have always fluctuated and always will. Let's not get too excited over some movement in the market. I know everyone is looking for doom and gloom, but we need to relax a bit. If it keeps going up and we are $4-5 gallon then we can panick.

If you get a carbon tax like we are burdened with it won't take long to get to $4-$5. Not sure what your new administration's stance is on that but I wouldn't be surprised if they would lean in that direction.

Last edited:

Latest posts